I bought difficult child I a Xbox 360

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Lord knows he does NOT deserve it, I guess I am getting wishy washy, feeling it's his last Xmas as my "kid" (he is 17).

I bought it b4 the whole incident 2 weekends ago. I saved the receipt too because I know it's really an extravagent gift and he has been plum ugly this past year (Detention, shelter, breaking and entering, drugs).

difficult child II is getting more packages, but I know he'll make a stink, because this system will be difficult child I's alone. We have a wii for the family and difficult child II still has his gamecube in his room.

susiestar

Roll With It
I think it is very generous of you. But are you sure this is what you want to do? He just may need that $$ forl iving expenses. BUt I don't know what they cost. However, if he is using drugs, you simply MUST know that EVERYTHING you give him other than the most basic clothing, food and shelter is simply going to feed his habit.

It is really really hard to realize this. But look, in just 2 weeks since you bought this he has abused you in a BIG way.

AOG, you really really NEED to go to Narc Anon or AlAnon meetings. Not just once or twice, but once a day, or at least 3 or 4 times a week. Until you do, you are going to have a very very hard time dealing with all of this.

I KNOW you love him. But you are not acting with his best interests in mind if you give him this. You are enabling him. And that is just very very unhealthy.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh he isn't getting it till Xmas, if I give it to him, sorry forgot to write that.

I called the probation officer and left another message asking her to do a drug test this week. we will see.

Jena

I agree with Susie in regards to the meetings, their also support for you as well. I have an xbox 360 and i absolutely love it. I also have xbox and ps2. i'm totally into video games.

susiestar

Roll With It
AlAnon is for you AOG. AA is for the alcoholic/sub abuser. I can honestly say that Al Anon made a HUGE difference in MY life. I am the sis of an alcoholic (recovering) and the grandchild of one, plus the great grandchild of several. The habits/behaviors of the family of an abuser come down through the generations. It is a cycle of behaviors that doesn't stop unless you actively work to break the cycle.

I wanted to let you know that I understand if you are not ready to deal with your role as the parent of a substance abuser. I truly do. husband and I were many years apart on dealing with our roles as family members of alcoholics. Even though he is older, I was ready earlier to deal with my baggage.

I truly hope that he is clean. I also hope that you can find some way to end the abuse that he heaps on you and the rest of the family.

Many hugs to you.