i bought new..

eekysign

My Mom picked up my bra at christmas time. She came out of the bedroom with this look of horror on her face. She held MY bra up to HER tiny frame and said literlly "EEHGADS." then proceeded to giggle and then turned it upside down like a hat remarking that my boob was as big as her entire head. (nice Mom) thanks :tongue:

Spanx doesn't come in an E - for Extra. lol

Hahahaha.......are you sure we're not related? Mom does the same thing--Sis thinks it's hysterical. :redface: My mom still wears the AA/AAA size. She never even made a full A. And my stepmom doesn't even wear a bra, she's got nothing there.

I have to say, for all that they're a pain in the.....well, chest......I was thrilled when I passed them in THAT department.

muttmeister

To the breast-reduction crew: Questions! Cost, recovery time, pain level, scarring? Other things I haven't thought of? I'm sitting pretty at a 40/42 DDD, but probably a little larger, if I was actually measured right. Tell me ALL about it.
I actually don't remember the cost as my insurance paid for it. If you're big enough to need it, you can probably get the insurance to cover it as you can claim back and shoulder pain, etc. The doctor I went to has his own operating room. I went in the morning, had the surgery about noon, got out of recovery by 4, and was out of there by 5. Did have to go back the next day for a check but all was OK. I had a cousin who did it as an inpatient at a hospital with an overnight stay. My doctor said his way, you were less likely to pick up an infection, etc. Sure enough, mine was problem free and she did get an infection at the hospital. There was very little pain associated with the procedure. The first night they sent some strong pain killers home with me and I did take them that night but after the first night I took very few. The prescription was for 2 refills and I never even needed to refill it once; didn't take all of them from the first bottle. It is an open incision so it takes a couple of weeks to heal completely but I was back to doing all of my usual activities within 3 days. The scarring is minimal and only shows if you're running around naked. It becomes less noticable as time passes.
I'd be sure to go to a doctor who has done a lot of this procedure and is willing to give some of his former patients as references.
All in all, it was much easier than having a baby, which is the only other time I was ever in a hospital. In fact, it was much easier to recover from than when I sprained my ankle.

Lothlorien

Um, Star....where do you find E? I have found exactly one 36ddd that actually fits. Most of them fit when I put them on and then after about an hour, the girls seem to want to escape.

Yes, my back hurts. I've been going to a chiropractor or a physical therapist once a week for years. I have finally decided that this is the year (if financially able) that I will go under the knife and resolve this miserable back pain, neck and shoulder pain.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Um, Star....where do you find E? I have found exactly one 36ddd that actually fits.

I'M TELLING YOU PEOPLES!!!... go to http://www.figleaves.com/us/

I am a 36J ladies. Believe it or don't. I had no idea until I actually followed their measurement instructions. Lo, and behold! The bras now FIT because I got the measurements right!!! Even if you don't buy the bra from them, you can STILL use THEIR MEASUREMENT INSTRUCTIONS and go shop elsewhere. The bras should still fit.

And NO. Most department stores do NOT carry the ginormous sizes. The ONLY retail store I've found that carries my size is Nordstrom. Their prices are comparable to Figleaves -- except Figleaves does have sales periodically.

KTMom91

I'm almost afraid to chime in here...I'm only a B...but finding one that goes around my overweight self is the problem! The manufacturers seem to think that you must get bigger in the cup size when you gain weight. Not in my case. I FINALLY found one to fit! Lane Bryant, 44B, and I am thrilled to not have wires and elastic poking and pinching me. Before I bought this bra, I was wearing a 38B and had awful red dents in my back every day.