I bought the best thing

I want to say first I'm a picky eater, but I found the best soup, Millie's soup. It's an 8ounce package of vegetarian soup that you have to mix with water, like a freeze-dried thing. It was good, but then I added a whole can of corn, a whole can of diced tomatoes, and a can of canneloni beans. Of course, adding fresh would be better

This is like a stew, that is so, so , good! It's been lasting me days, and I am not feeling hungry at all. I bought these on Amamzon, a box of 12-they have lots of cool flavors, is 20 bucks with free shipping

On the Millies website they sell 4 ounce packages for 2.50 each . That would make Amazons' 8 ounces better than half the price, also there is not a shipping charge.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.-Alyssa
This was so good,I was saying mmm,mmm as I was eating this and husband said,"What are doing over there?"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Okay. I have 2 questions. Is there alot of salt/sodium in it? And could I buy it at the store?:spaghetti:

I'm always on the look out for cheap vegetarian meals. (I have to avoid meat protein) But I'm noticing that alot of the vegetarian foods also have alot of salt and or spices. Salt I can't have, and too many spices.....well, you don't wanna know. lol

If I can't get it in the store, maybe easy child will order it for me.

Hugs

It does have alot of salt, but when you add your own veggies it will dissapate I think it might anyway, and not taste salty. The one soup called "Red Lentil and Spinach" has 716 mg of sodium. Minestrone has 500 mg. I don't know what the recommended daily allowance of sodium is, but you'll be making a big pot.

I added more salt and pepper, and hot sauce. -Alyssa

N

Nomad

Can you buy it in a regular store or do you have to get it at a specialty store like Whole Foods?

Go to the Millies soup website (google it). There are stores that sell it, I've never heard of any of them, but I live in NJ. Amamzons prices were less than half than the Millies site. It's really reasonable, and yummy.

A friend bought a box of 12 from QVC, gave me one, but I couldn't find it there. So Amazon seemed to be the best value.-Alyssa

LittleDudesMom

I'm going to share a reciped for making vegetable soup yourself. It's really easy and I makes tons! I made a batch on Friday and we have had it for two meals, sent a big freezer bag home with easy child's boyfriend, another freezer bag is in my freezer, and I have enough for another meal in the fridge.

Get out your big 'ole pot and melt one stick of light butter or light marg - it may sound like a lot, but you really need this background flavoring and when you think about how much this recipe makes, it's a trace per serving. Add 6-8 cloves of fresh garlic and saute for a bit. Then add 4 cans of chopped or diced tomatoes and 2 cans each of green beans, diced potatoes, baby lima beans, sliced carrots, creamed corn and 1 can of regular corn and 1 small can of tomoto paste.

Bring to a nice slow boil. Then add salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, and sugar to taste. Let it simmer for a time. It is really good once it has mascerated at bit.

It's easy because you can get all this stuff at the grocery store and most of it you probably have in your pantry right now. easy child and I count one good sized soup bowl as 3 points on WW because of the potatoes and the corn. If you are doing WW, it's a great way to get a couple servings of veggies in one sitting and because it's so filling and at the same time low points, you can splurge with a slice of nice break or cornbread and still be an extremely low point but satisfying meal.

Hope you try it and enjoy it.

Sharon

I'm going to make this right now, I'm scared of all that butter. I'll just use some chicken broth, I'm sure another bean- I don't have lima- will work. Thanks for the recipe.-Alyssa

Sue C

Sharon -- What about adding meat to this vegetable soup??? husband will not eat this without meat.

Sue

Sue, I just made this and it can feed an army. Divide this and add meat to husband's. Sharon, this is really a work of art!-Alyssa

LittleDudesMom

Sue, this is a variation of a beef soup I used to make years ago. We used to get stew beef and saute it and then saute the garlic in the meat juices and start the soup from there. For the last couple years, I have made it without meat.

One thing I forgot to say is that I usually add a can or two of water. It definately makes enough for an army that is why one stick of butter is nothing compared to the amount of soup it makes.

Sharon