I called the police

Star*

call 911........call 911
terry -

I'm coming in late on this - but just wanted to send you some positive vibes and a hug.

TerryJ2

Thank you.
He played baseball tonight. He is SO happy on the field. I have no idea what we will do for 2 mo's between now and basketball season.

F

flutterbee

Can he do track? (I have no idea when track season is or if there is even a track season.) What about karate or another martial arts? Maybe volunteering at the humane society and exercising the dogs? Just something to keep his body moving since that seems to help.

Just throwing some things out there.

susiestar

Roll With It
Terry,

Have you had any further discussions with him on his behavior and what might have led up to it? Talked about him needing to monitor his own diet, etc.... I know in our case it has been very important for thank you to learn to manage his own food allergies - and he is now very polite about saying, "No, thanks, I can't eat that." even when he would really like to try something.

It is also important for difficult child to face up to the domestic violence side of his behavior, and to know that it simply can't EVER happen again.

I hope that you and husband are facing this from the same viewpoint. Your difficult child is getting bigger and stronger, so his rages are ever more dangerous. You really NEED a safety plan including what to do when husband isn't home or you are not home, what if easy child is with him and no one else is home, etc....

Hugs,

M

ML

Terry I'm sorry I haven't been around more for support. I'm also sending positive vibes of love and support. You are doing great. My mistakes lately have been that I've avoided too many consequences for fear of starting ww3. Finding that balance is so hard. My husband is always criticizing me for not making everything basket a stuff.

Thinking of you xoxo ML

TerryJ2

Thank you all.

difficult child had a lot of catching up today on homework. We had his parent-teacher mtng and came away with-a pile of unfinished homework assignments (9 in the past 2 wks!). He says they're at home, and then tells me they're at school.
So we have come up with-an accountability plan with-the teacher to make sure he'd got what he needs every day.
Mostly, he's just not turning in his work. Very frustrating, because he could go from an A to a B to a C in 3 days ... 5 points here, 10 pts there, ea day it's not turned in, even if it's A work. Aaaargh!

I want him to CARE. And he doesn't.

Oh, by the way, I would LOVE for him to be in track. He is a natural runner. But he doesn't see the point in it. I think if his baseball coach tells him track will help his game it may help. (I think I'll email him tonight.)
difficult child hates his PE teacher. First of alll, she's a she. He respects men more. Sigh. Second, she makes the kids take turns and wait in line, instead of activitely engaging them every second, in team sports, games, etc. She explains things to the entire group and then they do it together. That doesn't work for difficult child.
husband is going to stop by and observe one day and then make some suggestions.
I'm hopiing this doesn't turn out like the guitar teacher from Dullsville ...

I've been up since 5:45 so I have no idea if I'm coherent. Time for bed.