I cannot believe our school district!

JJJ

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

They called Child Protective Services - AGAIN!!

The first call - in late November was for "medical neglect". This call alleged that I inappropriately hospitalized her.

Our therapist went off on the school district to the CPS investigator. Yeah therapist! :warrior: She told him that the school is harassing me to get information that they have no business knowing. That no parent can simply decide to hospitalize their child (especially one on Public Aid). That not only was she assessed at the hospital by a crisis worker and admitted, she was assessed by the hospital staff at the 72 hour staffing and kept, that she is now on an undetermined stay pending placement in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

The only thing our school district is proving is that really are untrustworthy and do not have the training, experience or intelligence to deal with the information they want.

SRL

That definitely stinks for you but I can't help laughing at the complete and total stupidity of a district it to make such accusations knowing how incredibly difficult it is to get a hospital bed for a teen these days. :hammer:

F

flutterbee

I am absolutely floored that CPS would even investigate such a thing. :grrr:

I would definitely be contacting a lawyer about harassment. Get his or her advice on how to proceed. Claiming that you incorrectly hospitalized your child is so far beyond preposterous. YOU don't get to make those decisions; the medical PROFESSIONALS do.

Then, I'd write letters: to your local state rep, to the State Board of Education, to the committee/organization that oversees CPS. This is blatant abuse and a waste of CPS' valuable resources. Taxpayer money is involved. People get funny about that.

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ, in my humble opinion I think SD has crossed a very bold line here and you have unquestionable proof of harrassment/retaliation now (which is generally so difficult to prove). At the very least, I'd ask your atty to file a formal complaint with ISBE.

It is a felony in the state to knowingly file a false allegation of child abuse. At the very least, they knowingly filed a baseless claim because under *no* circumstances is it possible for a parent to simply "decide" to hospitalize a kid. Medical necessity and all that. I know you have a lot on your plate but... what a ridiculous claim and I don't see how they could defend themselves against criminal charges. It might be worth it to fight this fight now so that whatever junk they decide to pull when Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement is finalized can be dealt with swiftly. Again, director of grant is a sweetheart when it comes to advocating for our kids and he'll nip SD gripes in the bud. Also, I believe ISBE has grant-specific info on their site in terms of district funding and responsibilities - when the time comes, remind me and I'll get the link to you.

Hugs... and big raspberries to SD!

Marguerite

"I am absolutely floored that CPS would even investigate such a thing."

I think CPS HAS to investigate, at least to say they know for certain this is a load of bunkum. They also need to gather as much evidence as they can, to then go after the school district for vexatious reporting.

I'm with you, Heather - gloves off time with SD, time to get them to grow up and stop the harassment. This is surely sufficiently vexatious for CPS to charge the school for wasting precious time and resources that could be better spent investigating GENUINE cases?

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am so angry for you on this one. I can't believe they would be so blatantly stupid about this. Sending tons of hugs and strength for this fight.

Beth

aeditha17

Words cannot describe how angry this makes me. Just dealing with my SD on basic things is riduculous, but this takes the cake!
Go get'em - I wish I could physically back you up! I'd give my right arm to be able to walk in the door behind you arms crossed and ready to stand behind you - you need an army of warrior parents!!

OK - I'm done. Let me know how I can help.

B