I can't do this anymore...what are my options?

Janna

I am sure you're frustrated. I don't think you should give up on your little guy yet, though. He's only 7. I know you're at the end of your rope, I've been there, too. It is so hard to live like that.

Try to remember your difficult child is Bipolar. My son is Bipolar. It's so hard with him, every day, all the time. And we found a GREAT medication combo, and it was awesome for 16 long months, and then the medications just pooped. They do this. There is no guarantee with medications. It is just hard and that is that.

I have done alot of work with Dylan with other things, too, besides medications. Behavior modification. Social skills classes. Interventions in school like Emotional Support and theraputic support people going to class with him. If your difficult child has a diagnosis of Bipolar, you should qualify for some stuff, irregardless of income. And take all you can.

I hate to be the bummer here, but really, what you have, difficult child is going to have forever. Good medications, bad medications, he has a mood disorder. One stupid, petty little thing that you may not think would make anyone mad, can make difficult child mad. It's something you have to be prepared to live with, and as a parent, there aren't many options.

Sending understanding hugs, anyway.

tessaturtle

I understand your frustration. Wherabouts are you in NH? I ask, because each are in our state is serviced by a community mental health agency. YOu can get all of his services under one roof at most of these agencies, including respite care. Does he have HealthyKids? You should get it because it can help pick up what a private insurance can't or won't. If it is the primary insurance, it will cover things such as Sensory Evaluations (just for example).