I can't sit still!

flutterby

Fly away!
I finally got through the medical tests that have made it so that I couldn't take steroids, and I started steroids, plus an antibiotic for a cough I've had for about 6 months with 3 very large swollen lymph nodes. The doctor never heard anything in my lungs and sent me for asthma testing, which was negative. We finally decided to give the antibiotics a shot.

Anyway....I feel soooooooooo good. You know how when you sit you tap your feet, or tap your fingers, or whatever? I'm doing that again! I know that sounds minor, but this is *huge* for me. I used to never, ever be still. I was always moving. I hated to go to movies because you had to sit still for an hour and a half. But, I haven't had the energy to do anything - and I do mean anything - for months. I took difficult child to the doctor today and was pacing in the patient room, reading all of the signs on the wall - about vaccines, sleepiness scale - really boring stuff, but my mind needed to be working! I talked to my mom on the phone today and was pacing the kitchen the entire time on the phone. The last time I really cleaned the common areas in the house it took me 3 days. I did it yesterday in 3 hours!

I am love, Love, LOVING this! The steroids are making me a bit irritable, but not overly much. But, I'll take that any day over what I've been feeling like. I've gone from waking up everyday and having my first thought being, "I wish I was dead" (and being serious about it) to eyes popping open and actually smiling and hugging my pillow!

Doing the happy dance!

crazymama30

If you have that much energy.............wanna come clean my house?:bigsmile: jk. I am happy for you. You deserve to feel good, and I hope it lasts. I agree with tm. It is really time. Are the steroids permanent or a taper? Either way, I hope it lasts. It has to feel good to actually having some quality of life, and not just barely living.

LittleDudesMom

Glad you are feeling so well - your energy level sounds like my difficult child when he was younger without his adhd medications!!!!

But seriously, it's good to know that you are feeling so much better!

Sharon

TerryJ2

Wow, that's GREAT! I don't know much about Myasth Gr so I am getting an education here. I am so glad you found a dr who listens and responds. Fingers crossed for more progress in the future and getting your life back on track.

DammitJanet

wow you do sound great! I wish steroids would do that for me...lol. Well...maybe they would but then I would be manic enough I would fly to Ohio with my own wings...lmao!

Star*

call 911........call 911
And when you feel REAAAAAAALY good - you can come here and clean MY house??? (hello) tap tap -------hello? Something tells me no one is ever going to feel that good. Sigh.

This is wonderful Flutter! Glad to hear it! Finally something for YOU!