I captured a good day....for memory

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'M A FURPERSON GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, now - before you pick yourself up off the floor My GRANDOG got to spend the day with us. And you KNOW she left here crying for her Grammie and Grampa. She wanted to stay.

We bathed her, put medicine on her itchies, powdered her belly (like we do all the dogs), gave her special treats, special food, toys - and played with that little shaver for 2 hours.

Dude asked me to come get her this morning if I wanted to. IF I WANTED TO HAVE A PUPPY AROUND? WAS HE SERIOUS? That's like asking "Hey I got this donkey that has no home."

He was going with his girlfriend whom I have not met to get pictures taken.
So when he came to pick her up......I got to meet His gorgeous girlfriend. OMG is she pretty. Petite, nice hair, nice nails, nice attitude, beautiful blue eyes - and Beautiful 19 month old daughter.

WHOTTTTTT????? - um Dude didn't mention 19 month old BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! But he has been fantastic with little kids most of his life.

A BABY AND A PUPPY TO SPOIL?????? OH these 2 kids thought we were nuts - DF had the baby and just "took over" he's a baby girl magnet and she was immediately drawn to him. I had the furperson little girl and she was just about asleep in my arms when they said "We should get going." In code that is probably teenager for "Your Mom and Dad are NEVER going to give us our daughters back." lol

WE offered to "baby and baby sit" if they wanted to just TAKE off and GO. Basically how do you say that without saying "GO?" lol

I even......(ready for this) GET A PICTURE because they just left Olan Mills and of course I get a picture. ***DING DING DING A NORMAL MOMENT AT LAST******A picture - THAT IS SO HUGE!!!!! A PICTURE!!!!! WOW.... Dude showed her my photo wall and already on it in a large print in b&w is a closeup picture I took of her with her name printed in cursive hand over it - very sharp. Smart girl says "OMG YOU could have taken our pictures these are AWESOME." - yeah I know. lol

Said GLAD to do it. Anytime she calls ahead I'll take the pics.

Well had to share the good day, good news and GOOD GRIEF - what a shocker. Dude was so proud, and took such good care of all 3 of his "girls" - and there were days when I wondered if he would EVER be happy.

Breath Star.....After they left DF said "YOu know honey I'd hug you but I think you may start crying." I turned and looked at him and was already crying those happy tears. And I got a hug anyway.

I just stood after they left looking at the trees, and the skies and the grass and thought - If I ever have a bad day - I'm going to bring this day to mind and forget the bad stuff for that moment.

Hugs
(exhale) thanks God
Star

M

ML

((((((((((((((((((((Star))))))))))))))))))))))) You great day has made my day too. I'm so happy for you. I don't know anyone who deserves it more xo

Steely

OMG..........many, many tears. Star! I have no words. Just so many cyber hugs. That Dude.........he will get it...........I know he will.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I got goosebumps reading this story and happy tears in my eyes. What a wonderful day for a wonderful person! Definitely a day to remember always:)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gosh, Star. I had to reread it a couple of times to see if you were talking about dogs or kids!

It sounds lovely, and I hope it continues. Little 'guys', in any way are a joy.

Abbey

DammitJanet

LOL...Do be prepared...that is how Cory started out with bringing Lindsey and Cameron around and now we have Keyana! But I do have to agree...19 month old little girls are soooo darn cute!

4sumrzn

How cool is that!?!? I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful day! Congratulations....sounds like you had proud moments & happy ones all mixed together....wonderful!

donna723

Star, that's just wonderful! I teared up reading your post! It sounds like you had a really nice, really normal pleasant day of being a mom, finally reaping some of the rewards for all your efforts! And nobody deserves to have a great day more than you do! Thanks for sharing!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star

How fabulous is that!!!! *sniff* *sniff* I think that's a day that officially ranks right off the chart!

klmno

Star, Just wanted to drop in and let you know how happy I am for you- and boyfriend and Dude. He has really come a long way, it seems, by your posts over the past few months. I hope all the legal people can take this into consideration and let him keep improving.

Has he been seeing the girlfriend for a while? I wonder if she is helping him stay motivated! LOL!

Oh- Big CONGRATULATIONS on you new babies to spoil!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I do apologize, I was kinda all over the place in my she this she that story. It was hard to follow if I was talking about the puppy or the baby. I was 'cited.

I have NO idea if we'll ever get to see the little girl for a period of time. BUT it was just fun to know she's on earth and got to come to our home for us to hold and cuddle. DF has a daughter and a granddaughter, but she was raised by a schizophrenic and anorexic Mother and we are spawn - she is the Godess of everything good. We sent Christmas presents, but never got a thank you. WE sent big cash for birthday - never got acknowledged. So this little girl is VERY welcome in our lives.

As for the girlfriend I have no idea how long they have been dating. Or any details. She seems like maybe at one time she was a difficult child herself, but is on the Mommy path to getting her life straightened out. Other than the fact that Dude is good looking - he has no job, no car, no this no that - so it's anyones guess what's going on. He does have however an adorable puppy that I get to spoil. I will have the puppy more than I will have the baby.

In any event - Now I have a reason #2 to go into the little girls department. I have another princess a little older that has my heart and I love to look at little girl stuff for her. Even if she's 800 miles away. sigh.
When I move she'll be closer!!!

For now - I have puppy fever! I'm okay with that.

everywoman

Oh Star---how sweet. I'm glad that you got to have a "proud" moment with dude. I keep hoping that difficult child will find a "nice" girl who will put him on the track to maturity. Hasn't happened yet---maybe because he is attracted to hoochie mommas! But there is hope in your post!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Every woman -

when dude was little he loved country music - he could sing really well. Well enough by todays standards to get an audition on some reality singing show.

His favorite song was Alan jacksons "Chattahoochie" and he would belt out the it gets hotter than a hoochie's choochie. We tried several time to tell him it was hootchie cootchie but never mind - at 4 it was hoochie's coochie.

another favorite was the one he would belt out "I like my women just a little on the trashy side."

I swear I was so convinced I would come home one day and find a woman twice his age in spandex, died freaky 80's hair, with blue eye shadow and red lips, holes in her stockings and a too short jeans skirt with her boobs hanging out exposing her matching breast tattoos of birds.

When you aim low - anything is an improvement. :surprise:

klmno

Wow, Star- that is what I am expecting within the next year. So much in common!! Maybe difficult child can reach Dude's level someday...