I could use a little ju ju

klmno

I'm getting antsy. I'm due to move out the end of Oct. I'm exhausted. This job I have is temporary but they expected to get the next contract, or that we'd be hired by whatever company got the next contract. Due to some technicality, the current contract, which is due to expire in Oct., is being extended 6 mos while they prepare the new contract requirements for bid. So, I think I'm fairly safe with this job for at least 6 more mos. But, I'd prefer a permanent job and hopefully, one outside of this state where maybe difficult child and I would have a better experience with a PO. I put a resume online a few mos ago for government jobs. For those familiar with how that works, you put your resume online and choose whichever areas you'd be willing to take a job (locations, not areas of career disciplines). It takes mos because they just pull up resumes as they advertise for certain positions.

Fast forward to this week- my resume has been selected and forwarded for 4 different positions and that means 4 different selection committees are reviewing resumes and deciding who to interview, then who to offer a job. I really need something to come thru so I'm asking for a little good ju ju if you have any to spare. I know it's a difficult time of year for a lot of parents and many are struggling for various reasons, so thank you in advance for any good thoughts!

I am still sitting on the lawn chair (in my living room) that I sat on when selling everything off before coming here. I never bought furniture (except for a bed) because I wanted to wait and see if I'd need to move this Oct. I'm glad I did that- it has allowed me to just save the money and not pay to have more stuff moved- but my body aches in a big way from sitting on this thing any time I'm home and not in bed or up doing something. Ok, enough self-pity!

Mattsmom277

Good juju on its way! I hope you find something that feels just right for you in a place you will enjoy living.

Regarding the lawn chair ... IF you stay on another 6 months there, what about using your local freecycle group? You could post looking for a comfortable chair, stating appearance unimportant so long as it is clean and not torn, just comfortable. Then you wouldn't be spending any $$, and could just donate somewhere when you do relocate. No sense spending another 6 months or more being uncomfortable every evening or weekend that you are home! Even just one really comfortable chair would probably make those home hours more comfortable.

I hope to hear you get several interviews from these places that were sent your resume!!!!

I hope you get one of those four jobs! I'm glad you didn't buy any new furniture...crossing my fingers for you!

klmno

thank you! MM277- it wasn't that I couldn't find cheap, used furniture so much as that I would have to pay delivery costs- twice- once to get it here then again to move it to wherever I go next- either that or sell it or give it away then do the same again at the next place. Anyway, I sure have decided that wherever I move to next, I'm going to have to get a loveseat or something. I turn 50yo soon and my body just can't take this after spending many hours at a time on my feet walking thru buildings many days.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
K- you are in a much better place emotionally than you were when you sent out resumes before and you are also employed, which apparently makes it easier, too. I have a good feeling about this. Sending good thoughts.

Suz

tiredmommy

I agree with Suz: the change in you is night & day! :) Personally I don't think you need the ju ju because you are going to land one of these jobs but I'll send some anyway because that's what friends do.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Rattling beads and pretzeling for you!!! Maybe they'll send you here. I can tell you which counties NOT to live in LOL/

klmno

I didn't apply for any places that get extremely cold in the winter. Or any places outside the country. Once difficult child is on his own and the dogs have passed, I'll rethink going outside the country, but I'm not one to enjoy cold weather. ;}

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
*snicker*

I don't like cold winters, either. husband and I were discussing dream locations to look for jobs...

InsaneCdn

Just curious what the definition is of "cold winters".
I don't like them either... prefer if the mercury stays above -20 F.

DammitJanet

I have a much different weather conditions and I dont I am ever gonna find them. I want to live where it is a balmy 76 during the day with little humidity and about 50 at night. Maybe go down to 65 or so in the winters and still about 45 at night so I could put on a bit of a warmer nighty.

I have such a hard time regulating temps that those are about where I keep my rooms during the day on ac.

H

HaoZi

Sending good luck vibes for jobs. Have you thought about inflatable chairs? Much more comfy than a lawn chair and when you move just deflate it and toss it in your car.

TerryJ2

Good luck and good juju!
And wouldn't you know, this is a long weekend. More waiting.
Smart move on the furniture, and saving money. That's using your head.
You deserve some nice, soft furniture when you finally settle down.