I could use some opinions on the website I was asked to build before the art show

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
The weekend of May 14-16 my art work is being displayed in an art crawl in Minneapolis.

PR rep asked me to bring in business cards & to build a website. I've not invested a great deal in this as I doubt with this economy it will lead to much. However, I could use some opinions ~ please be kind but honest.

Thanks.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hi Linda--

Nice site! I would make two small changes...

First--I would put some of your art on the FIRST PAGE...the quotes are nice, but you are an artist first. Put artwork next to those quotes!

Second--I would choose a simpler font for "M N Art Lady"...scripty fonts are sometimes hard to read when they are all caps.

Other than that--I LOVE that you have everything easy to find...with easy navigation from page to page. Easy to read. Easy to comment. Easy to contact. Very nice!

Good luck on the show and congratulations on the site!

Andy

I agree with Daisy about having your art on the first page. You did a great job with the website - I even left a message on your guest book!

I read Daisy's reply before looking at the website. When I saw her write "M N Art Lady", I thought it was a clever play on words "I'm an art lady" but after visiting your site, I think it is MN as in Minnesota? Could be both?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree that it would be a good idea to put at least one piece of your art on the main page. It entices people to look for more.

Other than that, I really liked it. Honestly, I prefer easy to navigate sites. And I love your artwork!!! :D

KTMom91

I agree that there needs to be more art on the first page, and maybe bigger pictures. I almost missed the other pages because I didn't notice the small arrow. I was also confused at M N Art Lady...as in Minnesota or I'm an?

I showed both Hubby and Miss KT your pictures. I especially like the peach tree...so pretty!

busywend

It is great! I will admit that when I read about the 'Tears' title I had to go back in. I missed the little arrow to the right as well.

Your artwork is wonderful! I love the cat surveying his kingdom! I see that every day.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you for taking the time & your comments. I was able to fit one piece of art on the home page ~ this website is built from a template. I'm hoping to expand it a bit & rework the home page.

I changed the font on MN Art Lady ~ as to the MN it's a bit of a play on things. Am an art lady in MN - get it?

Again thank you.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I think I would enlarge the art work and use only one quote....... as they say one picture is worth a thousand words........ catch them with visual art........ just my 2 cents. Love the colors in first page piece.

Oh, and might say arrow at bottom right.............

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
WMM, I took your suggestions - thank you so much. Given the site host I'm using I'm limited to certain templates for the home page. I took out 2 quotes & posted 2 pieces of artwork. I'm not sure I like how it's come out.

The art page has a big arrow to click to start the slide show & I hope the directions are simple to use.

Thanks again ladies ~ this is a new endeavor for me. It's fun & may lead no where AND that's okay.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Very nice, Linda!

I do think the new font is much easier to read...and it's nice to see your work right on the home page. Looks great!

Does the template have a place for you to add links to other websites? Linking up with other sites is the best way to be seen and found on the web...