I DID IT!!!!

pasajes4

My sister has lived in Baltimore since 1980. I have never been to visit her. There are a thousand excuses for not going, too far to drive, work, money, afraid to fly.....the list goes on. The biggest reason has been the false need to be "available" in case I was needed.

I bit the bullet and booked a flight for Nov.6. I will spend 10 days visiting and exploring that part of the world. This is huge for me. I am terrfied of flying. I will have to let go of my codependent self and just be in the moment.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Pasa that's wonderful!!!!

If you have a fear of flying you might check with your Dr. to see if they can prescribe something to calm you. Also, remember your breathing, slow deep breaths in and out with your eyes closed.

I would also notify the police and let them know when you will be gone and ask them if they can drive by your home just to keep an eye on it.

You so deserve a break from all that has been going on. Yes, live in the moment and EnJoy!!!!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Great news! Great idea.

Some sisterly love is just what you need right now. This is going to be a fun journey for you so take it in and enjoy every minute.

Be kind to yourself. You so deserve this!

Sam3

If you have a fear of flying you might check with your Dr. to see if they can prescribe something to calm you. ...
I second that suggestion. Even just knowing you have a little something with you, if your nerves take over, can soothe the nerves.

But maybe experiment in advance. ;)

Copabanana

how wonderful!! i take xanex. just don't drink. not even wine. once i had some wine (and a xanex) on the plane. i threw up in the toilet and the stewardess had to spray me with air freshener. she wasn't even discrete. so happy for you.

Lil

Closed window, headphones, valium. :) You'll be fine. Taking off and landing are the only parts that are scary and they don't last long.

Have a great trip!