I don't feel so bad...

mstang67chic

Going Green
about being a scatterbrain! LOL Two things have happened this week to make me feel better.

The first one was at the bank. I do the mail run at work. The full version of this includes the post office, the bank drive-thru for change and one of our other locations. Yesterday while in line at the bank drive-thru, I watched the woman in front of me get her stuff back from the teller. She reached out, grabbed the tube.....and drove off. WITH the tube.

Today, I got an email from the woman who runs the review site I review for. She gave me a heads up that a blurb from a review I wrote would be featured in an upcoming book. Great! Except.......SHE was the one who wrote that particular review! LOL I wrote the review for the latest book in the series, not that one.

Fortunately, both of these things are things that I can laugh at but either way.....I feel much better now!

:rofl:

DammitJanet

Mustang....I drove off with the tube from the bank one day myself...lol. I was so mortified! I just tossed the tube into the passenger seat and took off. It was about 10 minutes later when I noticed the tube! I had to turn around and take the thing back to the bank and apologize profusely.

I think it happens pretty often.

Andy

I have had to think twice a few times at the bank drive through myself.

And, if we can't get credit for the good we do, we might as well get credit for the good of others.

:rofl:

Laughter does a body good!

klmno

I haven't done the bank tube, but I have paid for food at a fast-food restaurant, then driven off without getting a thing.

trinityroyal

I'm not sure what the bank tube is, but I can totally imagine myself driving off with it.

As for take-out, my worst moment was when I placed a huge order at our local fish-and-chip shop, got to chatting with the waiter who was serving me, and walked away with the huge bag of food, without paying for any of it.

When I got home, I was looking around for the receipt and realized I didn't have it. Then I realized I didn't pay. I raced back to the restaurant, where the poor waiter nearly burst into tears at the sight of me. He said, "You came BACK!"

As it turns out, he would have been on the hook for the cost of the meal had I not come back to pay for it. Poor lad, no wonder he was about to lose it.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Bank tube - is like a pipe that runs from inside your financial institution's drive through teller to your car.

In the REAL world -

A bank tube is the money ; life blood; that I work for all week that difficult child thinks should just be tranfused into his personal account.

I keep shaking the money tree and nothing falls out. NOTHING -

Sooooooooo you review WRITING for a living huh? interesting. Tell us more.

AND TELL US ABOUT AYLAH.....sheeeeez - we need pictures.

Pootie misses you and Cwoe very much.

trinityroyal

Oh! So you mean the drive through teller is actually a real person that you can interact with? How cool is that!

The drive through banks we have here are just ATMs with a drive-through lane. No tubes involved.

Thanks for clearing that up Star.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Me too... I would love to do something like that. Review books?! YESSS!

My favorite is when I remind myself 50 billion times to take "X" to work with me... Then I get there and, no "X". (Could be just about anything.)

Or when I go to a store specifically for one item and come home without it.

But the worst was the day I got a call (at work) from difficult child 2, who had walked from the school to her friend's (about 2 blocks) instead of riding the bus - she was waiting outside the school. I was supposed to take off early, go pick her up and take her to the doctor and she didn't know what time the appointment was so she waited outside after school for almost an hour. husband was out of town. By the time she called, it was about 2 hours after the appointment was supposed to be! I never did figure out how I forgot to leave work early, which I love to do. I felt like a schmuck. Fortunately she had that friend and the doctor was understanding!

Then again, I am a blonde.

DammitJanet

LOL Step, I am constantly going someplace and forgetting why I am there, going to the store and forgetting why I went to the store, or even going into a room in the house and completely forgetting why I went in that room. I call that fibrofog!

trinityroyal

Oh Janet, I do that too. Although in my house we call it ADHD.

Walk into a room. Look around. Wonder, why am I in this room? Am I coming in or going out? Did I come in to get something? If so, what was it? Oh look! There's chicken in the fridge. Maybe I'll cook that for dinner. But I need something to go with it. How about vegetables.

Wander down to the freezer in the laundry room. Forget why I'm there. Notice a pile of laundry. Start doing the laundry. Remember "vegetables!". Don't remember why I'm thinking about vegetables. Decide to go to the kitchen to see if I can remember. Forget the laundry I started.

And round and round she goes...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Yes Star....sis sent me 6 pics on my phone the other day. I'm working on getting them online somewhere. And Cloe and I both miss Pootie too! Although, I'm STILL finding glitter all over this durn house! (That's one card I DON'T look at over and over again! LOL) Guess I'll just have to give you my phone numbers so we can both talk to our nieces! LOL

As for the reviewing....unfortunately, I don't get paid. Well, not with money anyway. A good number of the books are e-books but we get more print in all the time. And, the site I review for is strictly paranormal but if you're still interested, pm me and I'll give you the info. I'm pretty sure we're always looking for more reviewers! (And if not, I know there are some other places that are)