I don't know what I was thinking!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I forgot to wish every one here a HAPPY BASTILLE DAY!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYbEPZVVIA"]YouTube - Casablanca - French National Anthem[/ame]

tiredmommy

I have to tell you... Duckie thought I was nuts when I burst into the French national anthem this morning and announced "Happy Bastile Day". It's good to know I'm not the only one to celebrate...

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
It's bittersweet for me (mi-amer? as in bittersweet chocolate), my father died on Bastille day.

Now, when I posted at first, the youtube did not come through and "Marseillaise" was all messed up. What miracle has changed all of this, I am absolutely baffled Does this site have MICE?

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Anyway, I hope that today, of all days, every one was able to enjoy the pleasures of the palate. Nothing more French than a good meal under the stars.

tiredmommy

Actually, I had a glass of twenty-year port; it's the best wine we had in the house though rather sweet for my taste.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Port not French but where (no, WHENCE did it originate?). Obviously, Portugal, but not everyone has old port hanging around. You have a secret, I love secrets!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I do too, TM. I am tired of the anti-wine attitude that I have encountered. The Ancients used to communicate around a communal table, good food, dubious Greek wine. So many people seem so afraid of any kind of alcohol. When I was a child we had our grandmothers watching our behavior and breathing down our necks when we were overdoing it. Nothing like an authority figure to keep us from over doing it.

KTMom91

This brought back good memories. My Nana, who passed in 1993, took high school French (Class of 1920!) and used to sing The Marsellaise to us on car trips. My brother and I thought it was really cool.