I don't know why but the School Assessment letter

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
just came for N... and they said yes! But it still made my heart rise up in my throat. That feeling of UGH... so I have both K and N going through this at the same time!!! Yikes...

I am happy and sad at the moment. The school has basically stepped up I think, they were very concerned when I had told them K was never referred prior to me pushing! They have that "Child Find" and even if K was in Private school they were supossed to notify the state that they had a special needs child and no-one ever did. They also did not inform the public school that she was coming this year... which they should have.

Here we go... I wonder how N's Montessori will feel about the assessment taking place and them coming into her school?
N is doing pretty well, but we went to a back to school night last week and you could see the build up in both girls... N started spinning in the class, hanging on my leg, had to be picked up, speech regressed, pulling on my curls non-stop and burying her head in my hair. Over stimulated, K looked like a deer in the headlights... wandering around.

TerryJ2

Wow!
I've heard good things about Montessori. with-the assessment and the "hands-on" approach they have, she should be in good hands.

I LOVE your quote from Mitch Hedberg!!!!

tiredmommy

I think we all secretly hope that we are horribly mistaken about our kids, totoro. This letter underscores that your concerns are in fact valid. {{{Hugs}}} Accept that your mommy heart will hurt at this, but I know you'll bounce back to advocate for your girls.