I don't know

Wiped Out

Staff member
That's easy child/difficult child's response to us when we asked why on her progress report does it say she has 10 absences and 9 tardies for her 1st hour period (which she can no longer pass, by the way).

Infuriating! She doesn't seem at all bothered except, of course, is upset that we are upset! Well, geez if she doesn't want us to be upset she knows what to do.

Yep-definitely considering her more and more difficult child these days. Sigh...

Jena

sorry i have no words of wisdom had a horrible day myself. other than to say i'm sorry i know how frustrating it can be. we want so much for them yet do they for themselves?

((hugs)))

LittleDudesMom

Sharon I don't remember how she is getting to school in the mornings this year - isn't husband driving here there? What do you think is happening after she arrives at the building? Is there opportunity for her to "wander" at this school?

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jena-They sure don't seem to want it for themselves

Sharon-This year she is driving herself (husband and I are car pooling). Although it would be a huge inconvenience we are considering taking her if this continues. It would mean dropping her off more than an hour early which wouldn't bother us-it's having to deal with getting us to work on time. The bus is a possibility, however, there are many days in the winter she would be walking in way below 0 weather and I'm not sure husband and I are comfortable with that.

Mary-I would be guessing summer school-I don't think they have 0 hour.

Gvcmom-From what we can gather, she is leaving the house late and not making it there on time and we are fit to be tied!

LittleDudesMom

Ok, mean mom mode here - - I totally understand not wanting her to walk in sub 0 temps, but would the threat work? Tell her that the school is going to text you every single morning to let you know whether she is there or not. If she more than 15 minutes more than one day a week, it's the bus for her. If she doesn't show up at all, it's the bus immediately.

You know, the first two years easy child drove to school (out of zone), the rule was she had to leave by a certain time and if she didn't, I was driving her! Certainly is was a big inconvenience for me because I had to take difficult child with me and he didn't start that early, but it worked. The reason for me was not being late for school, but her thinning she was going to be late and then driving unsafely. I never had to drive her!

Is she up yet when you guys leave? If not, perhaps that needs to be something you work on. She has to be dressed and ready by the time you leave....

I don't know, just thinking what the motivator could be....

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
So tired right now so I will update on a new thread tomorrow-had a really amazing psychiatrist appointment-crossing my fingers that there are some changes coming-either way it was a great appointment.

KTMom91

I can understand you not wanting her walking in weather that extreme, however...I'd be hitting mean mom mode, too. If she can't get her happy butt up and out the door on time, she doesn't need to be driving. Drop her off early and let her be bored, or catch the bus. How far would she have to walk to get to school?