I don't think I like the sound of this

Kathy813

Staff member
difficult child called and asked if we would help her move on Sunday. She had told me the last time that I saw her that her roommate was thinking of buying a townhouse with another roommate and that difficult child was thinking of moving in with some guy friends who have a house.

difficult child told me that they really wanted her to move in because she was so "responsible." When I looked surprised at that, she reminded me at how responsible she had been about paying her bills since she moved into the last apartment.

This place will only cost her $250 a month which is $150 a month less than she is paying now. What worries me is that the last roommate was very responsible and focused which helped keep my difficult child on the straight and narrow. I'm worried that the new situation will be a party house.

When husband expressed his reservations, difficult child reminded him that she was a "big girl now."

I know I can't really say or do anything about this but I just have a bad feeling. I hope that I am wrong.

The good news is that difficult child (on her own) has gone and talked to the people at the local community college admissions office, applied for a FAFSA loan, and followed up by reapplying for the fall semester. She says her goal is to major in psychology and work with troubled kids.

So keep your fingers crossed for me that this new living situation works out and that she is serious about school this time.

~Kathy

DDD

I can understand your concerns but...you're right, there isn't anything you can do but sit back and see how it goes. I just noticed in your writeup that she is taking three medications. Did she
agree to medications after leaving your home? That's great. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
DDD,

My difficult child has always been medication compliant. She started those medications when she was a teenager and after she lost her insurance and she was living on her own, I found a local mental health clinic that sees her for free.

She is very conscientious about going to her monthly meeting with the psychiatrist and she gets her medications for a $5 copay.

I know that we are very lucky in that regard.

~Kathy

SunnyFlorida

I see why you've got ambivilent feelings.

I guess it's time time to see if her new found "responsibility" is the real deal.

:bravo: to being medication compliant, appointment compliant, and following up with school stuff. That goes a long way in my book.

KFld

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out. Maybe this will be a good move for her.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess is that you, me and many others here are programmed after MANY years of chaos to be on guard... </div></div>

You are so right, Nomad!

Fingers crossed, Kathy.

Suz

Jen

Congrats on the compliance with medications. Defintiely a step ahead of my difficult child. The apt set up is her decision and potential consequence. difficult child or not, he has to spread her wings.

Jen