I dont want to put the board jinx on him

DammitJanet

but Cory has been acting fairly good for a change. His mobile home is coming along. He found a bathtub. They finally got all the appliances except a stove while I was in the hospital and I helped them with half when I came home. That was their Xmas present...lol.

Today we went to visit him and he was so funny about how much things cost. When he lived with us , it didnt matter but now oh buddy...he isnt gonna have a computer and high speed access even if it meant cable. I was gonna give them my old computer. lol. Im mad that he can get all kinds of high speed access....and all I can get is carppy dial up!

But I think its hilarious that he is thinking it out. I didnt do that at his age. He also showed me his fridge.fully stocked.

LOL. He is coming along.

Jena

HI :)

It's soo cool to see you posting again!! You can stop me from eating up the boards lol

That's good news, and so cute how he was talking to himself. Isn't it funny how when their at home cost soo doesn't matter, yet on his own he's listing those prices. He's growing up. Stocked refrig too?? hmm very impressive.

I hope you are feeling well, and you went out in this snow???? :)

Critter Lover

Sounds very positive Janet. Count your blessings! Glad things are working out for Cory. Thanks for sharing the positive aspects!;)

HUGS

Critter Lover

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I love these kinds of posts, Janet. They are so uplifting and I garner such hope from them that my own little knucklehead will one day grow up and make her way. Thanks.

On a side note: It is very nice to see you posting again - glad you're getting back to better health!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm doing the board hocus pocus to scare away the jinx!

Kudos to Cory...and fingers crossed, too. ;)

Suz

klmno

That's great news, Janet!! It sounds like he is really trying to turn things around and he's motivated and learning that his efforts can pay off! I hope you have this kind of peace and minimal stress for a long time to come- you deserve it for a change!

PS The older I got, I came to appreciate gifts that would improve the house or my quality of life a lot more than other pretty items that might not last as long.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Sounds like he's growing up and feeling real life.

Dial up? Oh, my...I suppose I could survive but I'd be griping all the time.

Abbey

everywoman

Isn't it nice when they begin to show signs of maturity. I'm so proud of him. And I am so glad you are home and you are getting to see Cory do what we always knew he was capable of.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad he is coming along so well. His own home, what an AWESOME thing to have for Christmas!

And it is just totally WONDERFUL to see you back here with us - you were missed something fierce!

Sending hugs to all of you!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I know what you mean about the board jinx. lol But I'm glad you posted. I've been wondering if your illness would have a lasting positive effect on Cory. ;) Things happen for a reason, and who knows, maybe this was Cory's wake up call.

Nice to hear he's doing well in his own place. Has to feel good because it's "his" and no one elses. Sometimes that scraping to survive does wonders with maturity. Looks like that may be happening with Cory. :D

As for dial up.........I don't think I could go back from dsl. OMG The few times I've used a friend's computer that was on dial up I kept asking her if there was something wrong with it. :rofl: I'm spoiled now. ;)

Hugs