I don't want to

everywoman

go the grocery store. I don't want to do anything but stay in bed all day! But, I have to work the next two weeks on state curriculum development, and I've got to have some staples in the house because we are down to a jar of peanut butter with enough for 1/2 a sandwich----but no bread. Ugh. I hate the grocery store. Such a waste to buy food you have to come home and prepare!

Fran

Former desparate mom
On line grocery shopping is the best.
I do it while I watch tv and pick it up the next day or have difficult child pick it up. It's paid for via cc or debit. You pull up, press the button and out it comes. They even load it into the car.

I shop for fruit separately because I like to pick it out myself.

everywoman

Fran, online grocery shopping sounds heavenly. Unfortunately, in podunk America, there is not that option. In fact, we only have three store----Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, and Walmart. Years ago we had an option---but now there is none. I could ride to the beach, more choices there, but also not worth the hassle to fight the traffic. I used to use a delivery company. I may look into them again. And I just got offered a chance to be in a farm co-op. No work, just pay my money and get a share of the harvest.

DammitJanet

EW...aint that the truth! FL, the pig or Wallyworld. I think I would faint if I caught sight of a Krogers. Actually we do have a Lowes foods but they are so expensive I cant shop there. Im surprised they can stay in business here. I shop at FL most of the time. Sometimes I hit the pig if they are having a meat sale.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I do hate grocery shopping! It's hard to believe at one time I enjoyed grocery shopping. I also know what it feels like to want to stay in bed all day!!

donna723

Ha! Around here, we would think we were in heaven if we had THREE grocery stores! We have one (count 'em!) ONE grocery store! Fortunately, it's a decent one and it's only a block away. Closest Walmart is twenty miles from here, but somehow we manage to survive.

eekysign

I always think I hate grocery shopping, then I get to the store and suddenly...it's an adventure. What kind of fun things could I make, if I ever had any energy when I got home from work? Hehhe.

I am a strange duck sometimes. :)

Andy

I loved shopping when the kids were little. I loved having them in the cart and "helping". They grew up knowing how to watch for sales and which products we buy, and how to handle a check out line. This was awesome quality time.

I have gotten away from lists since I like to just go up and down the aisles to see what the options are. However, I think I am ready for lists again.

difficult child made a list of daily menus for lunches this week so we knew what to buy tonight. He is getting so grocery shopping isn't that much fun anymore but still willing to go get whatever. He has his own cart and checks in once in awhile to compare purchases. He knows which items he has to ask to buy and which ones he can just get. He also knows that no toaster strudels unless they are on sale (the one thing he use to ALWAYS look for).

Think of five main meals for the week and shop for those items. Then you will be set for awhile anyway.