I doubt anyone even remembers me...

AnnKS

I feel really bad that I haven't visited in a while. We have been full of doctor appointments around here. Not much time to myself these days. Emily has been doing pretty well emotionally still. She did have one bad setback where she through a metal trivet at husband and hit him in the head, but she didn't have a full on meltdown afterward, which was a good thing.

She is continuing to decline mentally as well as physically. We are now scheduling a brain biopsy for next month. The doctors still don't know what is happening, and we have run out of less invasive options. She now has a pretty significant slur to her speech, and her mobility is getting worse as well. The good thing is that her recent MRI is not showing a significant change since September. However, she is still declining, which makes me think that there are changes, but not significant enough to show up on an MRI scan.

Mentally, she is losing memory function and has major anxiety about, well everything. She cannot handle crowds, even family, and gets very agitated and anxious whenever we go to see a new place or a new person. The therapist says that as she continues to slip mentally, she realizes this and feels that she will not know what to do in an unfamiliar situation. He related it to what happens to elderly people. They get rigid in their habits and tend to want to frequent the same restaurants, watch the same movies, and so on...

Anyway, hate to be such a downer, but it is what it is.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Of course I remember you! You posted your daughters beautiful website last month. I am so sorry things have been so rough for difficult child and you. My heart and hugs go out to you.

Sending lots of strength to your whole family.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #006600"> i remember you too.

i wish i had words of comfort for you. i just don't even know what to say. i do think of your daughter & keep her in my prayers.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Hi Ann
I have not met you, but I just got done looking at your daughter's beautiful website. And crying. And blowing my nose. A lot.
I am basically speechless. Sending hugs and prayers your way. What beautiful little girls you have.
I hope the trip to Disneyworld is everything Em can imagine, and then some.

oceans

I am so sorry that it is such a difficult road for your daughter and family. I am wishing you lots of caring and kindness.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ann

I've been thinking about you & your daughter. I appreciate the update.

Many many positive thoughts heading your way.

DazedandConfused

Of course I remember you. Actually, I thought about you and the situation with your daughter's health a few days ago. I'm sorry to learn that she has declined some more.

Sending you hugs and strength.

AnnKS

That was more a statement of my own neglect. I feel like I spent so much time here before and now I rarely have time to. Everyone has always been so nice. I feel that the behavior problems are so out of my control at this point that I only manage things vaguely.

Everyone is so sweet and I appreciate everyone's kind words. I find myself reading posts and I can't bring myself to give anyone any kind of advice. I do think of you all often.

Ann

Sunlight

hi Ann, sorry to hear things are deteriorating for your child. I am hoping the 2 and 3 yr olds put a smile on your face and give you some joy during this hard time.
Janet

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ann

You and Emily are in my thoughts often. I'm glad when you get a chance to pop in and update us.

I guess it's understandable that she is having more trouble with anxiety with the memory loss. I'm sorry she's deteriorating again. Poor kid.

((((hugs))))

ROE

I remember you, but I doubt if you remember me. I'm not always around as much as I have been lately. If I never responded to one of your posts, its because like now, I didn't know what to say. I can only imagine the depth of your struggles and pain. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

DDD

Don't apologize for not posting. You have more on your plate
than one can be expected to handle. Accept our friendship, good
wishes, available ear and sincere prayers. Most of us have not
forgotten you as you can see. Hugs. DDD