I feel 5 right now

Abbey

Spork Queen
I live in the desert. We don't have weather other than hot, hot, and more hot.

A thunderstorm has been passing through for the last hour or so that is almost undescribeable. In the mid-west, you have these things all the time, but this far surpassed any 'normal' thunderstorm.

I feel like a kid who wants to hop in bed with mom and dad to be safe.

The sky is absolutely electrified and the thunder is shaking my walls and windows, hence, me being up at 4am. :hypnosis:

Great...tomorrow (today) is the first day of school.

Abbey

tiredmommy

Aww... I understand that! I feel better if I put a working flashlight next to the bed just in case. I hope the storm passes quickly and you can get a little sleep. by the way, I usually power down the computers and unplug during lightening storms.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Last week I was home alone (with my dog) and a storm passed thru...Now I live in the midwest and have actually been thru several tonadoes, but this storm was different....there was lightening and very strong wind.....we have two big trees in front of our house and if they fall will take out the upper level of the house.....the wind was coming from the right direction and we have a partial basement, but I knew I couldn't get the dog to go downstairs, so I sat on the floor in a hallway across from the basement door with my dog, after the power went out, with my tiny flashlight, listening to the wind whip thru the area, the lightening was lighting the sky every few minutes and the thunder was sounding like cannons being shot off ......I too, felt about seven.....and thankfully the dog kept me calm, he was totally oblivious to what was happening outside.....

We were lucky, the trees didn't fall (this time) and we just lost a couple of branches that fell into the road, not on my car...

Abbey

Spork Queen
This storm was BAD. I lived in Florida for 11 years and never saw anything like this. I unplugged everything I could find...except husband's laptop. :rofl:

Very scary night, and haven't had a chance to watch the news. I guess there were a lot of strikes and flooding.

Abbey