I feel like I'm 13

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm going in to work in an hour to take my test. I haven't studied for something like this since I was in high school. I actually made a cheat sheet. :surprise: (Please don't tell. I'm old and memory is not so great. I'm hoping there are no cameras in the room. Is it an internet coupon, store coupon, manufacutere's...how much can you get cash for with a check, how about a Traveler's Check, or a gift card? What are the 5 things you need to put on a check...oh my.)

Now that I look at my cheat sheet, I can't even read it because I wrote so small. Guess I'll be taking in my granny glasses.

Ugh.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

Just take some slow deep breaths before you start. It's can't possibly be too darn hard if teens can manage to pass the darn thing. (cuz you know they never study lol)

I had one of those for a drug store I worked a short time at. Turned out to be nothing but a formality. Manager didnt expect all that junk to stay firm in your memory until you were using it all the time.

Keeping fingers crossed for you. Break a leg.

Hugs

witzend

Don't sweat it, girl. You'll be the best, as always! Because "Mamma needs a new pair of mucklucks!"

Andy

I am so proud that you took written notes. As a teacher of a 3 hour course on how to run a computer system, I can count on my hand (with quite a few fingers missing - not literaly) how many people out of a hundred plus actually took notes! (Then wondered why they had trouble using the system - wouldn't even look at the detailed user friendly manual set up).

And, I actually am hoping you are running for President of the United States. I looking forward to your name on the ballet. You would have my vote!

:rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I called you! I called you during the middle of your test......NO......wait I'm ahead of you in time - KRUD. What did I do? I called you and you were what ? Napping, feeding cats? How fun am I?

I was going to text you answers like 5 things you need to put on a check -
Date,
Signature,
License
Address Matches LIcense
My NAME MADE OUT TO ME FOR MILLIONS
and hold it up to the light to see if anyone has poked holes in it to try to fool the check scanner......

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
you should have seen me at the college book store today, talk about "deer in the headlights".

I am not looking forward to taking the darned math placement test next semester, but I can only stall so long!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, Star and I are throwing in the BIG last minute ticket thing. (Thank you for the chat in the bathroom. Wait...*I* was in the bathroom, you on the other end of my cell. Let's make that clear.)

I've decided I'll be president and she'll be vice. Right Star?:D Your children will never be safe if that happens. We'll whoop arse them into shape in no time. Now as soon as she sends me the purple bike, I can peddle to Washington.

I think I passed the test. 70 questions!! These guys are thorough, that's for sure. I didn't even use my cheat sheet...but was tempted. I'm looking around for cameras like a teen.:dont_know:

So, here's my closing: Thank you so much for shopping with us today, Mr. Whatever. It was (drum roll...very important here) MY PLEASURE.

Thank you guys for all your support.:D

Abbey

Andy

Was there any doubt?

You and Star both have my vote - and, I really don't care what your children have done as long as you promise to get the nation out of the economical mess it is in.

You are welcome, and it was MY PLEASURE!

:)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha, Andy!! I was MY PLEASURE as well.

I survived my first full shift on my own. I was scared as cr@p. I had someone shadow me for the first hour...then disappeared.:surprise:

I did make one funny mistake. Those little frozen pizzas are on sale. They buy them by the cartload. So typically I scan and stack them so they are easier to bag. Well, I'm scanning and scanning this one flipping pizza and it won't go. I look down to the end of the belt and there is the customer chuckling. I'm scanning the pizza on top of the piles of pizzas, not the scanner.:mad: I can be really stupid some times. He got a kick out of it, though.

Now I have to master last names in WI. Geez. How can a person have 14 consonants and one vowel in their name??? If they're my age or older, I'm supposed to use their last name. Thank you, Mrs. Zwklghohlkplth. I hope you have a great day. It's been MY PLEASURE.

The other thing to master is the knowledge of city names. We cannot accept a check outside of a 60 mile radius. Now, I grew up in SD. There is a town every 15 miles that has a total population of 3 in each of them. Same here. And, all the cities sound the same. Mannatowaka, Mannatobaka, Manai'minhell...you get the picture. (Fake names, of course.)

I'm 12 out of 40 hours into checker training, then onto management. That's a scary thought. Buy your groceries now. You'd probably get a great deal. ;)

Then I got the pleasure of walking home.:mad:

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mastering WI names is easy -

Just say clearly

"thank you for shopping with us today Mister" an then put your hand over your mouth like you're going to sneeze and mumble the last name. WZRIKOWSKO....:whiteflag:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sorry Abbey. I had to chuckle at the last names and names of towns. :rofl: I know it's not funny when you're smack in the middle of doing it though.

Lothlorien

I work for a doctor who absolutely crusifies names. It's a riot to listen to him try to pronounce names. You could always just say...."I've never seen this name before. How do you pronounce this?" Of course the WI accent probably puts a whole other spin to that one.

Andy

Abbey, I so needed you tonight. easy child and I made a quick run out to Wal-Mart. It is amazing how much two people can purchase in 1/2 hour! Anyway, the checker actually put my Cascade dishwashing detergent in the bag with my food (box of cereal) and couldn't quite understand why I asked to take it out to put into another bag. That detergent was so strong, it would have penetrated the cereal box before I got to the van!

It would be MY PLEASURE to have you train some clerks up here.