I feel like "me" again

JKF

Lately I've been feeling like.....my "old" self!!! It's the complete opposite of the crazy, neurotic, stressed out, anxiety ridden woman that I've been for the last few years. I started noticing small changes a few weeks ago and this morning it really hit me. I almost feel like I'm coming out of a fog. I'm starting to enjoy things again. I can "taste" food and actually "hear" music again. I feel creative. I smile and laugh at little things. I feel lighthearted most days. I've been calm and patient and understanding. I care about ME again and it's a nice feeling.

I'm not sure why or how this happened. Maybe because I've reached a certain level of detachment with difficult child?? Or maybe because subconsciously I was just so sick and tired of being such a "broken" woman?? I really don't know but I'm not going to question it. I'm just going to roll with it and take it day by day and keep trying to strengthen and improve myself until I'm fully 100% back to the real "me"!

BusynMember

I'm very happy for you! With the way I feel today (probably 1 on a scale of 1 to 10), I am happy for anyone who feels better and I h ope it lasts for a long, long, long time!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good for you!

I think you are right about the "detachment" part because I've noticed some of the same things, too. The more I can detach and separate from difficult child - the more I find myself.

It's a wonderful feeling! Happy New Year!

TerryJ2

VERY good! Keep it up. I am so happy for you. Our difficult children can really tear us apart.
Hugs.