I feel like singing the Hallelujah Chorus!!!

ksm

This afternoon I will be headed to a women's scrapbooking retreat at our church camp. I get to spend 48 hours with other adults! And all meals (wonderful home cooked meals) are included. Plus we have morning devotions, can go for walks along the river, enjoy nature. We usually see deer in the retreat yard in the early mornings. The trees will be changing color.

The only bad thing is I have to pack up the van with my scrapbooking supplies... I have too much stuff, but if I leave things at home, I will need it! LOL.

I plan to work on DCs 18th birthday photos, her prom, senior photo session, and graduation photos. I will also work on younger child's photos of hosting an Irish teen for a month this summer with The Ulster Project.

I will also pack a book, in case I just want to hide out in my room and enjoy down time.

YEa me!!! KSM

AppleCori

That sounds like so much fun!

I haven't done any scrap booking in years. I should get back to doing it. I certainly have enough stuff left over.

I do the online ones now, but I remember having fun with it.

Have a great time!

Apple

ksm

I enjoy it, but I don't do it on my own at home...I guess too distracted with day to day responsibilities. But I feel motivated in a group... Plus the leader has all the bells and whistles...the cutting machines, embossing, etc. plus she gives several mini classes they out the weekend (free) and she supplies all the materials. We have made Christmas cards, ornaments, mini albums, or just learn new techniques.

KSM

ksm

Snack home from the scrapbook retreat. Overall, it was great. The only drawback was the mattress... Not much cushion to it. I woke up Saturday and was uncomfortable. I didn't do much scrapbooking as it hurt to sit in a chair and lean over the table. Saturday evening a massage therapist came and we could sign up for 15 minute chair massages. So about 7:30pm I took a hot shower, took 2 TylenolPMs, had my massage, moved my mattress and placed it on the other twin bed in my room, placed bed pillows in strategic locations and slept pretty good! Almost overslept! Had to rush to get to morning devotions and breakfast.

I mainly worked on getting Difficult Child s senior photos in an album. If I do say so, I did a great job, and she looked beautiful in the photos taken a year ago. I wish I knew how to share photos on this site... We had bought a photo pkg, and had way too many photos to hang on the wall...but the pkg was a great buy, because it included the photo session, in the studio and outside. Plus the photographer captured lovely expressions, not the stupid duck lips she usually does or the snooty looks in her selfies. It let her true beauty shine thru...

And the best part...I get to attend next weekend with a friend! They only charge $85 for two nights lodging and 5 home cooked meals. Plus using all the electronic cutters I don't own!

Oh, the other best part...husband swept and mopped the wood floors! They looked a mess because of the bathroom remodel dust settled every where.

KSM