I feel like such a dork sometimes..

Lothlorien

I have a 26 year old girlfriend. Her daughter and Missy are friends. We made a playdate at the end of her email, she writes "TTYS" I'm like what the heck does that mean? Yep...dorko! I had to google it to see what it was. I don't text message and I haven't a clue as to what half of those abbreviations are. It takes a 26 year old girl to make me feel dorky!

meowbunny

Unless you chat or text a lot, there is no reason to know this lingo. It would be like her knowing what a cholecystectomy is. She would probably have to look it up.

So, quit feeling dorkish and GOI!

trinityroyal

No need to feel dorky Lothlorien.
I never know what those abbreviations mean either. Even when I was young enough to (supposedly) know and use current slang, I was always out of it. Now, with all of the short forms, I just blink slowly and ask for translation.

Trinity

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So? What does it mean, cuz I haven't a clue either. :rofl:

Go anyway. And have a good time and learn something new. Then you can teach us here who don't know. :smile:

Hugs

F

flutterbee

TTYS - Talk To You Soon

:smile:

Brownie points for me!

I am a dork, so it's all good. You fit right in here, Loth. :gingerbread:

busywend

Talk about feeling like a dork. My difficult child can text message like crazy. You should see me trying to get the alpha set correctly! Let alone actually get a message out! LOL!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've solved this problem ALTOGETHER!!!!!

I have a track phone, pay by the minute, did not sign up for texting service and can speak faster than you can abbreviate any given day...

HMPH. (that humfp for those of you who couldn't read it fast enough)

Loth- you aren't a dork you are technologically challenged.

ANd what the heck is a colorschemeectoyemy?

Sounds iky.

Lothlorien

you mean cholecystectomy?
:rofl:

Give me medical terms and I can figure that out no problem. Give me some 20 year old's text files or IM files and I am one lost puppy!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I got this ultra high-tech phone a few months ago. It's like a walking computer. Pull out keyboard, yadda. I can't figure out how to work the darn thing out. Keep in mind that I can program in several languages, but can't figure out my cell.

Friends send me text messages (which is new to me) with all these abbreviations. I sit there for 30 minutes trying to figure out what they are saying. So now, I will have my pocket guide to cell phone lingo. Geez...I thought this was supposed to make things easier.

Now, if I could figure out how to stop pocket dialing people I'd be good. Fran was the last recipient of this. :bravo:

Abbey