I feel old!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Back "in the day", whenever that was, I could bake 3 dz cookies, take down all my every day decor and replace it with all my holiday decorations, deck the halls, the tree and everything that needed decking, sing along with the christmas carols, and still get a dinner on the table. I mean, I had energy to spare and I was in a good mood....happy in fact. And that was when the girlies were too young to really be of major help. Now that they are old enough to help, they are more of a hinderence.

I am pooped. It took me ALL DAY to get my stuff down, and put up all the christmas decorations, deck the tree and well, okay, one hall, and then, just after we packed away all the boxes, etc and I'm getting ready to vacuum up things....the ding dang tree toppled over and a lot of our ornaments were smashed up and so many of the things were skewed.

So, we had to re-clean up and throw out all the glass, vacuum, fix the existing ornaments and stuff...and then H took me out for a burger because he knew there was no way I was cooking...and then I came home, picked up easy child and we went food shopping.

I am feeling really old. Need more energy...need to get my sorry behind back to the gym and get some blood moving in my body. I am winded and and beat out. My temper flares at the slightest of things. I noted that easy child had put in a load of HER whites, but I had planned on putting hers in with mine, to make a full load. Well, when I saw that, I was so exasperated! H snapped at me to calm down, it wasn't a big deal...and it's not really. What is that? Ugh.

No cookies, no dinner, a crappy looking tree, and I'm exhausted. :faint:

So, about those things I love about Christmas...lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOUSHOULDTAKETHESECOLDCAPSULESIAMTAKINGOMGOMGYOUCOULDHAVEPUTUPTWOTREESKILLEDADEERFIELDDRESSEDITSAVEDTHEHIDETOMAKEACOATFROMANDSTILLHADTIMETODECORATEATREEANDSHOP.

THISSTUFFISFFFFFFFFFFFFFFANTASTIC!:tongue:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jo,
I can so relate. I don't know how I used to get half the stuff done I did before. I've pretty much given up on holiday baking. Not that it helps but at least you are not alone. Hugs.

F

flutterbee

It does seem to get harder every year.

The tree falling over. Ugh. I had that happen one year. So sorry.

KTMom91

It does seem to get harder every year.

I think I need some of Star's cold pills. I'm not moving too quickly these days, and I'm in kindergarten tomorrow.

goldenguru

I was just thinking about this last night when I crawled into bed. I used to do all the Christmas stuff and chase two toddlers around all day.

Now my kids are gone, the tree isn't up yet, the shopping isn't done, no cookies baked and I'm already exhausted. LOL.

As we age I think it is wise to recognize our limitations. I for one, need to just pick and choose the things that are really important to me. I need to forget the rest.

by the way star - could you please share the name of whatever you are taking?? LOL I need some.

BusynMember

Hahaha. Wait until you read 55!!! ;)
I'm in good shape for my age and healthy, but if I kneel down (and my knees do crack) it takes a good few seconds to get the leverage to get back up again.

Im a Believer

Just a Thought ~ Could some of this tiredness and lack of energy possible have to do with what brought us all here???

LOL ~

I use to be Wonder Woman too ~ Now I just wonder ~

Judy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Star, I will have what you're having - sounds a bit like what prednisone does for me...hmmm, now there is an idea, I happen to have some. Hahaha.

I'm a believer....yes, I most certainly do believe that as parents of difficult children, we age faster. And with the stuff my difficult child is doing right now, I feel ancient. I'm so ashamed of her, more than I ever have been in her life.

So, I told H last night before bed that we're going away alone next Christmas. The kids will be at their dad's, with any luck, and we can be like the Cranks. He mumbled something about me changing my mind when the time came. I am not so sure. I think I'm sticking to my artificial tree, which I can shorten, and just keeping it simple. Believe it or not, I thought I was keeping things simple this year. What a lightweight I've become!

Thanks for making me feel like part of an old lady club, though. It does help. lol

Fran

Former desparate mom
I know the feeling.
I do feel like my strength and energy are not at their peak performance any longer.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hahaha. Wait until you read 55!!! ;)
I'm in good shape for my age and healthy, but if I kneel down (and my knees do crack) it takes a good few seconds to get the leverage to get back up again.

I had to laugh at that as I bent down to get something from my work the other day and couldn't get back up. My knees just wouldn't cooperate. I did the roll and grab thingy. I'm laughing my arse off, which didn't help, and the customers as well.

Do you research on Prednisone. It is very bone weakening. Arthritis is a very common side effect. It's a very effective life saving drug, but the side effects can be bad. The drug saved my life, but now I deal daily with feet, knees and elbow pain.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Haha, my knees were cracking all over the place yesterday and easy child sat up straight and asked, "What was that?? OM.G, was that your knee??" lol, yes dear, it was your dear old mom's knees. Hahaha.

I was on prednisone a majority of my childhood - I had severe allergies and asthma, so I know all about it. That's why I never take it. I hate it - I can't sleep when I have to take it. My DR is always giving me little packets of 30 tabs and I just stockpile them. Hate the stuff. Not worth it, even for the extra energy boost.