I feel so proud of myself...and other things.....

lovelyboy

My son went on an outing with the school, yesterday......

When I went to pick him up, I emediatly knew 'stuff isn't to great'! He wasn't playing with his friends....just waiting for me at the gate.

He was SO AGGITATED when he got into the car....So after talking, trying to get info without irritating him more...I realised he was in sensory overload (went to rhino and lionpark: full of dust, worried about danger, to many children bumping against him on the bus, making to many noice and they didn't have time to EAT! OMG)....

So when we got home, I gave him food and helped him to wrap himself in a big soft blanket! He sat watching TV and after 90 minutes were relaxed enough to go and play and have a normal afternoon!

I just want to thank all of you for sharing your stories and advice....I'm starting to build a new image in my mind with new skills...being more aware of all the SI things and realizing that he doesn't always have the skills to interpret stimuli correctly or the skills to handle or choose between alternative behaviours (In only 2 days time of being here on the forum and following the links you adviced...I'm starting to understand my son better!).