I Get to Clean My House

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Never, ever thought I'd be excited over that.

But easy child has her brace, and although it's painful as all get out, she's walking without her crutches. Which means as of yesterday, in which we did a "dry run" where she did everything involving the kids care and I was just there as a safety thing, she no longer needs me there to help with the kids.

Which means I can stay home and CLEAN. omg And does it need it. It's unreal. husband managed to make the mess worse with his method of "cleaning" in which actually very little gets done but things become horribly disorganized and really a disaster.

I also once again have to organize coupons, as someone decided to mess with the diningroom table, which is my couponing spot..........and now, well let's just say this morning I was ready to kill someone.

There is also the stockpile that needs organized as I know look like a hoarders program because I've had several weeks of drop and run since I ran out of shelves. ugh

I'm actually looking forward to tackling the mess. AFTER this morning's drug store shopping with easy child.

P

PatriotsGirl

I am SO with you!!! Saturday will be my cleaning day and I can't wait. Though, I am a little Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about my home. A messy home makes me very uncomfortable and I cannot fully relax.

And to think I used to be a VERY messy difficult child.....probably worse than mine was....lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I also can't relax in a messy / dirty house. When I was in school I tolerated it because I didn't have the spare time for much cleaning. I spent most of last winter sick. Then finally started getting things done and easy child had her accident. Didn't take it long for things to get right back to the disaster they were unfortunately. Seems if I'm not around to snap at heels and growl nothing gets done.

So while I should be mega ticked off I'm once again starting over on the cleaning, I'm just glad I'm able to clean it finally. And trust me, I'll be enlisting help.

I used to be major Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) over cleaning. Not to the point where I couldn't stop, but to the point where seriously people could eat off my floors ect. I like my house that way. Yet, I'm still able to let kids play in it ect......just once their done it's cleaned up that way again. lol

And let's face it, it's much easier to keep up with a clean house than a dirty cluttered house. ugh

DDD

When you are through would you like to take on mine? I have a "neat" house that hasn't been deep cleaned in years. If I were a neatnik I would find the energy somewhere to do it but I've gotten so I just ignore baseboards, cabinets etc. etc. I keep hoping to wake up one morning with determination. Not.
DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yay for you!!! I also had/have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about clean floors/bathrooms/counters. It is a thing with me. I get razzed by people (primarily H and easy child) about it all the time. The ceiling fans can have a 1/2" of dustfuzz spinning around its blades, but my floors are impeccably clean. I LOVE throwing out papers and other clutter, I LOVE empty wastebaskets and clean sinks. I mean, I do have the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) thing about cleaning, I just don't have the energy and time to keep it up these days between my schedule and my knees...wah.

It is AMAZING to me how clean my house is without H home these past few days. I almost wish he'd stay another week with his mom so I can revel in a level of cleanliness our home hasn't seen since my girls were very small! Seriously, no,
seriously. It is so nice to go into the bathroom in the morning and it's still clean and dry from the night before - no lakes on my countertops and floors, no towel haphazardly flung over the shower curtain, no seat up! It is equally as nice to walk into the kitchen and find the kitchen as spotless and tidy as I left it after dinner the night before - no crumbs all over the floors and counters from the toaster H fights with every morning, no coffee rings all over the table, not wet dirty paw prints all over the floor. Amazing!

How long will it take before H wrecks your work? Mine? About 5 minutes after he gets back tomorrow, lol.

exhausted

Isn't it amazing how one human can jack with your routine! Our difficult child is like the female version of pigpen! She just doesn't see the need to pick up after herself. And when someone gets sick or throws things off because of appointments, or some other need, the house goes south almost overnight! I have the morning routine (I'm an am person) and when I don't do it, it seems as if it takes days to catch up. And paper...... can we talk about the storage of paper. I just can't get it right. Files and baskets and notebooks and still... One afternoons mail can wreck the counter! And when to throw some stuff out is a mystery.Ah alas-it does feel good to be surrounded by organization. It's how I wish was mind was and my family when difficult child is doing her thing.

DammitJanet

Well if someone can please come to my house and get me organized and clean, I promise I will do my level best to keep it up! I have absolutely no skills as to how to organize anything.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DDD

Once I get into "cleaning mode" I actually enjoy deep cleaning. Back in the days before I went to school I spring cleaned my entire house twice a year. That was at the very least, because if I felt a room needed done, it got done whether it was spring cleaning time or not. I've been known to do the kitchen and laundry room up to 4 times a year.

My mom was an odd type of clean freak. She was only that type when she had kids around, she never did that type of cleaning herself. She was the foreman, we kids were the cleaners. And it stuck I guess. lol Now days, well it's "picked up" is the best way I can put it. I'd say it's her advanced years, which I'm sure is contributing to the problem now, but the whole "picked up thing" started the day I moved out and she wasn't even my age. lol

Fortunately the family knows once the house is at that level of clean, it stays there, or else. And the or else is NOT pretty by a long shot, and they have to clean what they messed. I can handle clutter and mess for a reason, but it better get cleaned up once that reason is gone.

Was going to get started on it today. But I just finished a marathon shopping trip with easy child and I'm now utterly exhausted. I'll have to sit a while and see where my energy level is. lol And oh...I just multiplied that whole "hoarder" appearance thing by about tenfold. ugh

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, if I ever find a way to come down and hang with you for about two weeks, we'd have it licked and organized.

Really bad rooms? (trust me I have some mega bad ones right now) I start in a corner and work my way around the room. Or say I start with trash, get rid of all the trash, then tackle the organizing putting stuff away. Trash is usually the biggest frustration.......and it makes the job look enormous. So usually once I get that out of the way, it doesn't look impossible anymore.

TerryJ2

LOL!
I know the feelng. It gets depressing.

There is also the stockpile that needs organized as I know look like a hoarders program because I've had several weeks of drop and run since I ran out of shelves. ugh

I don't know what you're stockpiling, but my piles are just piles of piles now. Sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Terry my piles are from coupon shopping trips. LOL Like......I have 8 packages of toilet paper stacked along the wall in the diningroom, boxes upon boxes of cereal stacked next to the pantry, bags of stuff everywhere because I have to reorganize to make it all fit somewhere.

Then of course there is just plain clutter. And trash. Males in my house have yet to really figure out what the trash can is for and if it's full that you EMPTY it, not stack your trash all over the house on every available surface, and when the surfaces are full, the floor. omg

One thing that is HUGE..........husband is clearing out the shelves in the family room, storage shelves full of stuff we haven't used in years and getting rid of things we most likely will never use again. How did this happen??? Because I need those shelves for the stock pile of food and such from the couponing. It's just silly to go out and buy new ones when I have them already full of junk. You've no idea what a miracle this is because husband is a packrat and never wants to get rid of anything without a major tantrum. I'm still in a state of shock, but I plan to jump on it before he changes his mind!!! lol