I give !!!

T Rene'

So My mom lets my Son borrow her truck... now Im caught in the middle .... He dont wanna bring it back without alot of dang Drama ... & I hear it from both sides ! I told her not to let him borrow again !! He has done nuthg to help himself like he told her he was borrowing for ... but Run around High I hate this ... I understand shes granny ... but I cant understand how to get them to understand that it's not gonna help him .... Help me get thru this ... He was doin better before she started trying to help him again I have finally gotten a sec rest NOW ...NOT

PiscesMom

Stay out of it. She lent it to him. How is this your problem now?? She will understand really fast once you do just that. Politely tell her this, and yes, you rest!!

BusynMember

I second to stay out of this. Granny is a big girl and she didn't listen to your warning. Oh well. She will learn like you did. Tell her it is not your business and don't listen to either.

You are only stuck in the middle of you allow it. You can not control your mother and the stuff she does for son and you can not control your sons kicking dirt in her face. They both are adults. You can only control yourself and how you deal with what other people do. Please step back and turn off your phone

dayatatime

Maybe just give her some Alonon literature-then stay out of it. But, yes, you cannot control anyone else's behavior. You can't control hers any more than you can control your son's. ...and dealing with a difficult child already you really don't need the added stress of trying to control another adult.

That said, I know it's easier and simpler from the outside. My ex often does stupid things that make things worse. Getting onto the same page with him is a lost cause, and it's really, really painful to be able to see into the future then have to watch it all play out- which sounds like what you are living right now.

T Rene'

Yes
Maybe just give her some Alonon literature-then stay out of it. But, yes, you cannot control anyone else's behavior. You can't control hers any more than you can control your son's. ...and dealing with a difficult child already you really don't need the added stress of trying to control another adult.

That said, I know it's easier and simpler from the outside. My ex often does stupid things that make things worse. Getting onto the same page with him is a lost cause, and it's really, really painful to be able to see into the future then have to watch it all play out- which sounds like what you are living right now.
I am It is am awful way to deal everyday Thank you

T Rene'

I second to stay out of this. Granny is a big girl and she didn't listen to your warning. Oh well. She will learn like you did. Tell her it is not your business and don't listen to either.

You are only stuck in the middle of you allow it. You can not control your mother and the stuff she does for son and you can not control your sons kicking dirt in her face. They both are adults. You can only control yourself and how you deal with what other people do. Please step back and turn off your phone
Its true but Im sooo sad anymore... thank you these threads really help me get thgs off my heart

T Rene'

Also I have found an Al-anon group to join ... Im gonna give it a go ... if I cant find peace there I am returning to my Therapist... with medications if necessary.. I am finally just tired ... PRAYERS PLEASE

AppleCori

T Rene'

The sooner your mom has to deal with the consequences of loaning her car to your son (without having you involved) the sooner she will stop doing it, as well as her other enabling behaviors.

Stay strong and let her deal with it.

Apple