I got a job!!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been out of work since April and it was starting to get a little dismal around here. :whew:

I interviewed at a family owned tire place yesterday (one of 3 locations) at 1:00. At 4, they called to see if I could come in at 8 this morning and talk to the owner. I did and started work at 8:15!!!!

I am the assistant to the office manager and apparently will be doing quite a lot of work once I learn more and get the hang of everything. It is a very busy place to work but also seems really fun. I got nailed twice today with a squirt gun wielded by none other than the owner and every Friday he buys lunch. (Fazoli's today!) It's full time (which I haven't had in YEARS) and good benefits. I'm doing my happy dance!

Last edited:
M

ML

I am so happy for you! I am especially glad to hear that it seems like a fun place to work. This will be so good for you! Congratulations.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That's wonderful news, Mustang. I hope you love your new job- they are so lucky to have you!

:bravo:

Suz

nvts

I'm so jealous! The green-eyed monster is staring at this post!!!

Congrats Mustang, you deserve the very best!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
So what are you going ta buy me with yer first paycheck? ;)

SOMETHING SPARKLY? Summin' fer Pootie too! And our little Cloe!

Nice - Congratulation~!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Stang...that is SOOO good!! I know I went 6 months before getting my silly job, but IT WAS A JOB.

I wish you well and you'll have to fill us in on the details.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well, let's see......the VERY first paycheck I get will go to gas. (It's only going to be for Friday and a few hours on Saturday). The next one however......I'm thinking that husband and I (difficult child too if I'm feeling generous) need to go out to dinner to celebrate. I'll let you know where so you can all meet us!

As for sparklies........maybe some of those hats for dogs (that fit over the ears) in pink for our girls and they should say something in rhinestones. Like Princess or Spoiled.

As long as my head doesn't explode, I think I'm going to really like it. I was in today and helped switch stuff around (I swapped desks with the sales manager........which kinda hoovered. He gets what would have been my OFFICE and I'm out in the main area. Not a big deal but I've never had an office and that would have been cool! LOL). I got my desk all arranged, for now anyway, and it's probably going to be the only time it looks this good! LOL

Thanks for all the congrats! I'm so excited!

TerryJ2

More congratulations coming your way. Way To Go!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

A boss with-a squirtgun? Woooooo. This is going to be some kinda job!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I actually want to get one of these squirt guns. He must have gotten it from the Snap-on rep because it looks like a mini cordless Snap-on drill.

He tried to scare me today by snapping a yardstick behind me but I saw him and didn't jump. I think I'm going to have to watch him! LOL

I am plotting my revenge though. I'll wait long enough to get to know everyone well enough to know what I can get away with though. :devil: