I got a somewhat promotion!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's official as of 5pm today. It kind of kept changing over this last week. I am now the manager of the Wine and Spirits department. HUGE. (That's like putting the fox in the hen house, but they don't know that.) I will fill in as a front-end manager as needed.

I start on Monday after 6 days of demoing cookie dough. Geez, these people LOVE their cookies. You have no idea how many thousands...yes, thousands of pounds I've sold in the past 2 days. They can't stock these 5lb buckets fast enough.

Oddly enough, I like this most because I get to move around...alot. That should help the carpal tunnel and the hurting knees from standing in one spot all the time. Now I'll just have to learn how to clip cigars and all the liquors. I wonder if they want me to taste test like when I demo?:faint:

Oh...and I get to wear REAL clothes!!!:D

Abbey

klmno

Congratulations!! I was wondering if you'll be demo'ing the wine and spirits?? Do you get a raise too??

Jena

Abbey you soo deserve this!! If anyone should get a promotion it is you with-o a doubt! And, regular clothes woo woo that's very cool.......:bravo::bravo:

Abbey

Spork Queen
KLMNO,

We actually have a full bar in the area (really nice, too) that I've demoed several times. They do it every day. Go figure.

Abbey

Andy

Way To Go Abbey! Congratulations. And, how are you able to sell something you have not tasted? You need to do that research to be able to describe each wine you sell. I will test the Baileys for you!

klmno

Can I come and work with you? I demo very well and I promise to be a hard worker and good helper for you! :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'd like to taste the Boones Farm, or maybe that there Peach Schnapps M'am... the purple one?
Oh my mind is going blank on some of the of the other great ones!!!
Congratulations I hope you love it! Discounts???

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
That is great! Dare I ask - were you wearing arificial clothes before? I know I am sensing corner time (just send me a bottle of wine while I am there please).

beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Boones Farm? GAG!!! I haven't had that since I was 12. Oops...

Yes, banker's hours are in order. Liquor sales are only from 8am to 9pm. That's a new one for me as Vegas never shuts down.

KMLO - I'll see what I can do about being a demo person. But, you'd have to be nutty and have fun. :D

Beth - haha...no artificial clothes, just a stupid uniform. Get this...this last week we all had to wear BRIGHT ORANGE hunter's hats and vests in 'honor' of hunting season. Oh, the fashion accessories that went with that. Starting Dec. 1, you could choose from Santa, elf or reindeer attire. Fortunately, I have not had to do that as I am a baker this week and Wine and Spirits does not have to participate. (I wanted to be the Cookie Monster but they wouldn't go for that.) Whew!

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Nice to hear good work is rewarded....... are you sure you are not related to someone higher up?....... just kidding....... enjoy the "spirit" world....... also isn't that where the most shoplifting/theft appears? Should be a great education.......I will miss the costumes.....

Abbey

Spork Queen
WMM...yes, highest theft rate is in that department. Just snag a bottle and walk out the door that if 5 feet away. That is a HIGH priority thing to ALWAYS watch the door. Seems silly as we can't apprehend or stop anyone. By the time loss prevention comes down, they'll be long gone. It's all about not giving them the opportunity. There are always 3 people on - two working registers and one that just wanders the area helping people. That is supposed to detour them.

And NO...I'm not related to anyone in the store that I know of.:tongue: I did file an anonymous sexual harrassment charge yesterday against another manager as he said when he saw me in management clothes, "Who did you have to (insert) to get this?" That statement really PO'd me.

I work my tail off no matter where they put me. Yesterday I'm doing the cookie thing, but I started to notice that they were leaving pallets of stuff near me. (It's the HOT sale aisle...lots of activity.) They never said a thing, but if I didn't have a customer, I'd stock shelves. I had piles of boxes stacked behind me every 15 minutes. When I did the cheese thing, I brought plates of cut up cheese to the bar in the Spirits area. You want to find Chex Mix Seasoning Mix? Not a problem...let's go walk. Need a coupon? I've got them. Let me help you with that 50lb bag of rock salt as I see them through the door.

I don't just sit around. I don't want this guy to get fired, just realize that was a really stupid and insensitive thing to say. I can banter with the best of them, but this was not said in fun.

I had my daughter write the letter as they'd know my handwriting. Typing was out. I think I'm one of 3 people out of 340 that actually use a computer. I NEED this job and don't want to jeapordize it, but also want them to know that was inappropriate.

Off to better things. But for now...IT'S COOKIES!!!

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
This is the kind of guy who you want to follow when he's taking a flight and wrap a oversided adult toy in aluminum foil and put it in his luggage at the airport.

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU, I can't think of anyone who works harder at that store and deserves it more. You've really overcome a lot to be where you are!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!