I got approved!!!

F

flutterbee

The insurance approval for Cleveland Clinic came through today!!!! :dance: It's for 12 visits!!!

So, I called the Cleveland Clinic and they took my information. Then they said that my insurance isn't one they normally deal with and it will have to go through their Financial Coordinator for authorization and it will take her 2-3 days to get back to me. I started to panic a bit. I told her that when I called them before the approval to get information, they told me they bill any insurance; I just need to make sure I have prior-auth from the insurance if it's out of network. The lady assured me that it was just because it wasn't one of the normal groups they work with and it shouldn't be a problem; it was just that their computer system wouldn't let them go any further without going through this step. She said if I haven't heard anything by Friday to give them a call back.

I was really trying not to worry, but I've had so many setbacks. :scared: I wasn't prepared for this step.

The Financial Coordinator called me back within 30 minutes!!! She got the prior-auth number from me and said Scheduling will be calling me back!!! :woohoo:

I haven't heard from them yet, and I have no idea how far out they are scheduling. But, it looks like I'm in!!!!!

:yes:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
YAHOOOOOOO
YIPPPPEEEE
I am so happy for you!!!
I they do not figure this out I will come camp out and start a protest!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Heather, this is such wonderful news. You've faced so many obstacles but your spirit and determination have really seen you through. I hope an appointment opens up soon. This is terrific!

Suz

klmno

Thank Goodness!! I'm so glad- this must relieve some stress from you and what a Christmas present!!

Ropefree

Banned
Yippy! YEAH! Congratulations for hoping all the ropes and redding all the tapes and talking to every single person getting paid so YOU CAN GO TO THE CLINIC!
Woo woo! Celebate good times...going to the clinic...we are watching...skip that skip...

meowbunny

It's about time you got a break! I'm so thrilled for you. Let's hope they find some answers and, more importantly, something that will truly help.

Another happy dancer here.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What FANTASTIC news!!! I am just thrilled for you and I SO hope that they are able to help. Maybe this is the year you finally get some answers... this is the year you finally get some relief!

Also, I would ask the hospital if once you reach your 12 visits and you still need more whether that can be appealed for an extension. They should be able to tell you if that ever happens or not.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes, Heather, there is a Santa Claus. He just gave you your present early this year. :)

Ok, so it's not the typical present.........but it is what you wanted. Make sure the docs in Cleveland get all the info and background history, test results ect.

Woot Woot!!! I'm so happy for ya!!! :D