I got Cinnamon Gum

bby31288

In Target. Trident. The package says brought back an old favorite. by the way, see my new avatar. It is my puppy Abby. She is a bichon and what a lover she is!

Andy

I gotta make a run to Target!

How old is Abby? Our bichon (my avatar) is 1 1/2 yrs old and a real diva puppy (just like her 19 year old diva owner) but still a puppy to play with difficult child.

bby31288

Andy I never realized your avatar was a bichon. She was born on March 17, so about 4 months. She is a diva also. I am having a little trouble housebreaking! but we are getting better.

Andy

We got Bella when she was about 4 months old. We had to take her outside every 2 -4 hours round the clock for several months.

Since it was Diva's dog, I could hold her responsible and it got her home and kept her home by midnight. difficult child was willing to do the mornings to bed time when he was home and Diva HAD to be home for when difficult child was not.

So, she was a good tool to keep a wandering teenage girl home - for a few months anyway. :)

bby31288

Abby is great from 11 pm till 7 am. then she goes out multiple times, every 20 minutes or so. Unless we are all out of the house, then she is crated. But thankfully all of us are not gone for more than 2 hours. My problem is I take her out to pee and before our 20 minutes is up, she will pee a quarter size amount anywhere! Its like, ah, you just peed outside!!!

Andy

I am sorry about her peeing in the house. I do not know how to handle that one. I do know that like difficult children, the bichons respond better with positive discipline than negative.

Do you have potty pads? Maybe giving her a treat when she uses the potty pad?

We were told we should give her a treat whenever she went potty outside. We also give her one when she is running loose and comes inside.

bby31288

Thank God for Nature's miracle. Yes we give her little treats, and have potty pads which she sometimes uses in the house, just not consistently. She mostly rips them apart! When she "goes" outside, we basically throw her a party! Lol

DammitJanet

My havanese...see avatar...is related to your bichons more than he is to a maltese. I know he looks big but in reality he only weighs like 6 or 7 pounds. He is all fur! I still have problems with the pottying but I didnt get him until he was almost 14 months old so habits were ingrained. He is also too smart for his own good. He can climb and get into stuff you would never thing he could get.

He will chew up all of Keyana's toys in a split second. Nothing is safe.

He goes into Tony's pockets and gets out wallets, money and cellphones. He steals my wallet out of my purse. He eats hair brushes. He should be dead with all the chocolate he has eaten. He opened my bedside table drawer and took an entire box of chocolates out and ate them!

He is a difficult child dog for sure!

bby31288

LOL Loth! I think I will. But we will give the guy the benefit of the doubt because the package says brought back an old favorite! So that makes me think that they discounted it. I just don't love those fruity minty flavors they make now!