I got "Got" on April Fools Day

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dude called yesterday to tell us about being ready at 5:30 AM, packing a lunch and then the man called and said due to impending rain - no work. Said he was going to school on those days he didn't work. SO...okay - exhale.

Later an urgent call came. The kind that you hope to God you never hear from your kid and it went something like this -

Phone rings - and it's like static, can only hear every other word, but I can hear Dude and he's yelling, and so are the 2 guys in the car with him, the reception seems to go in and out, but I can hear him yelling Mom....in a panic.

Mom? Mooooooooom? MOM!!!!!! MOM?????? CAN YOU HEAR ME?

-then voices in the background yelling "GO GO GO MAN GO-----turn off your lights, TURN OFF YOUR LIGHT, GOD don't hit the breaks they'll see us."

then Dude "OMG MOM - we picked up this guy XX knows and apparently he has a pound of marijuana on him and the cops have been looking for him and now they think WE're in on this -

more voices in the background yelling in a rush....GO GO - OMG NO MAN....HE SEES US.....GO DOWN THIS ROAD..NOW NOW......

Then I hear "Mom....MOM can you hear me?"

I somehow manage a calm - "yes - what is going on?"

"I cant talk Mom - the cops are looking for us, I think we ditched them and XX is driving by the house I'll be there in less than 1 minute. Will you PLEASE tell the cops I've been there all night......Oh Mom I can't be arrested again for something I didn't do."

DF said the look on my face was priceless......I really was in shock. I don't know what made me think this was a joke, but I said "Okay - I'll be here." half expecting him to run across the field and into the house. Then there was silence. I said nothing.....I heard nothing......and finally DUde on the phone says
"Mom......? MOM? MOM!!!!!!!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOM?"

and I said in a voice that was out of breath -

"Son - I don't know what is going on......but.......(gasping for air) I think......I need your Dad to get me to the emergency room NOW.....I don't know but I think I'm..........having...........a heart attack......" then silence........then Dude yelling MOM more intensely than before and after a longer silence I hear "Mom it was only a joke April Fools......OMG my MOM guys - turn around my Mom is having a heart attack. MOM? MOM!"? and I said "Yes......and he said "IT WAS A JOKE MOM." and you can hear the guys in the car say "Oh Dude man....sorry man...."

Then I said......very softly.....

I know -

APRIL FOOLS...

OMG I don't know who wanted to cry more - him or the guys in the car. :ashamed::tongue:

apparently the peach does not fall very far from the fuzzy tree.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG Star!!! That was class A April Fools all the way around. Love how you turned the tables around on him and got him with his own joke.

Don't mess with the Master.:devil:

I do something to each of my kids each year. But this year......yeah, got stuck moving mother in law so no one even thought of jokes. So, I'll just enjoy yours instead.

And yes........I'm at school, supposed to be looking up art articles online.....and snuck in here to see what everyone is up to.

klmno

I was going to say that I would hit him over the head myself for this one, but now I see- you've already gotten your revenge!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
(takes trophy) smiles........

I'd like to that God, my family, my friends here on the CD board - without you? I'd never have known such compassion and wit. My producers, all the little people behind the scenes, and my difficult child. Without you pushing me to the edge nearly every day for the last 16 years I wouldn't be who I am today. Nearly brain dead and mostly capable of sarcasm in lieu of humor.

Bows.......throws hand holding trophy up in the air.......clutches heart like Fred Sanford.....staggers like him off the stage.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks, Barbie, for the first chuckle of the day. I proudly hand you your reward. Now stagger away.

Abbrsters

B

butterflydreams

OMG That would have scared the pants off of me! But you did get him back.

HAHAHAHA

DammitJanet

Star....do you have voicemail? Better yet...does he have voicemail?

I have over the years had some of the oddest voicemail left by I can only assume our beloved Cory. I think he puts the phone in his pocket and then the phone hits last number dialed and gets us...and then we have a direct connection to whatever he is doing! My phone ends up recording for a good long time too...omgosh!

I have heard what sounds like him in the back of patrol cars. Can we say my heart just about stopped on that one. I have heard parties going on. I have heard nefarious plans being made.

And he wonders sometimes how I know what he is going to do before he does it...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet - Some day the paper headline will read -

Psychic Mom levels with son after 20 years - She's not Ms. Cleo - she overheard his Bootie calls. :tongue:

Andy

Star - you are awesome. The best jokes are the turned around ones and you work so well under pressure.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Hasn't that boy learned YET? Do NOT mess with the Queen Master!!!

Janet - Some day the paper headline will read -

Psychic Mom levels with son after 20 years - She's not Ms. Cleo - she overheard his Bootie calls. :tongue:

Wait! What's that commercial? Oh yeah, butt dialing. *snort*

Star*

call 911........call 911
You think YOU were mad at him - you should have been there when I told my Mom.

O.M.G. doesn't even begin to cover her reaction!!

helpangel

Wow I love this site! only here could people laugh about something like this.

I guess I'll quit being mad at Angel - she got me with the Miralax in my coffee creamer... Got to give her credit

(1) Originality
(2) I never saw it coming
(3) Parts of it really hurt

So don't tell her that the creamer on the counter is a decoy, the stuff I use is locked up in the bedroom with my toothbrush - don't ask why I lock up my toothbrush cause that one isn't funny it's just plain mean.