I got my first Christmas card from the CD group!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHHHHHH I am so glad to know that the cards are arriving!!!!!!!!

You know -THere is a funny story EVERY year.......so here's this years

I went and bought TWO books of Christmas ball stamps the DAY before thanksgiving. Now this is NOT that big of a deal for most of us right? But I work every day now (Thank you Jesus) and I have 30 minutes for lunch and the closest post office is ten minutes from work and the people in it are the absolute s.l.o.w.e.s.t. on earth. I'm not kidding. These people have GOT to take a valium about every hour or something. I AM NOT KIDDING. Turtles move faster than them. AND they NEVER no matter how long the line is - move any faster. If the building was on fire? They would burn in it. If there was FREE money floating down from heaven outside and I was the only person in the parkinglot grabbing at it - ? They'd go home broke. They are that SLOW.

So I go there, and of course it's the ONLY post office for miles, and miles, and miles, and miles and miles, and miles and miles...........so everyone is there. And as it would happen Grandma is there to beat the CHristmas rush and mail her packages of fruit cake. OMG granny NO ONE wants fruitcake 29 days before Christmas. Oh and you don't have the zip codes? Okay I've been there without zip codes and they've made me GO TO THE END OF THE LINE with a book ------NOT "Oh let's look those up for you on the computer by typing in each address - S.l.o.w.l.y."
and here we are.......I just need two books of stamps and in my head the JEOPARDY theme song is playing.....and now Granny is digging out pennies and counting......twenty seve, oh have to start again.......one, two.....threeeeeee.......And I love elderly people but not her.......not today......and I fear I want to hurt her with a drive by fruiting.....

So it's almost my turn and they put up the CLOSED for lunch signs and walk off........and WTH is this? -BACK IN FIFTEEN? ARE YOU SERIOUS??????? I literally thought my head would pop. Two of the three walk away .......and of course theres Grrrrrrrrrrrrandma forty nine,,,,,,,fifty cents. Boy that feels good to get those pennies out of my pocket book. "I just bet it does GRrrrandma." So as I'm walking out I see the stamp machine and I feel like a dolt......I'm walking up and some woman cuts in front of me with TWO prioroty envelopes and says "I'll just be a minute...." and Oh no -------she has NO idea how to do the machine and is reading EVERY single instruction........and I mean right down to "Thank you from the US POstal service."

SO I leave and go back to work......I'm defeated......I go home, I get DF - we come back that night. HE wants to try to get stamps - OKAY that in itself was like those machines at the fair when the chicken has to peck the button for corn ........But we managed and got two books of stamps......I put them in the console of the car and we left and stop at the dollar store for dog biscuits. Okay - we go in, and come out - like 4 minutes. We then go to Bi-lo grocery store and I ran in and got the hot-rod cart for DF's knee......and I come back out to get my list and OMG some one stole my stamps. I was livid. WHO would take 2 books of stamps out of an old SUV? I looked and looked and NOPE - GONE. OMG. I was just SO angry. So I got into the store and tell DF and he said "OH I moved them." Okay I still had that fury going on - but at least they aren't stolen and WHY he moved them is beyond me - they were FINE where they WERE.

So we get home - and I'm getting the groceries out, trying to get my work stuff out, talk to the kids and gather up all my things......and in all this confustionabulley mess - WHEN do you think DF remembers he handed me those 2 books of stamps? Hmmmmmm Oh sure - then. So I get in the house and go to address my cards the next morning and went out to the car where he told me the night before he moved the stamps to - and no stamps...I asked him - he said "Oh don't you remember? I handed them to you last night." Of course you did NOT......and the did so's and did not's continued for ten minutes.....and now? NOW I have cards and lists ready but no stamps. OMG I just can't win with the man here.

So Thanksgiving passes.....and it's Black Friday and MY TRADITIONAL NEVER FAIL MAIL IT OUT DAY ------and I am working - ALL day - no break and HOW in the WORLD am I going to get to the post office? I need Canadian Stamps - some cards are oversized....some are for New Zeland. I'm just heartbroken. TO ask HIM to do this for me at the above post office would be just a favor I would NOT want to hear about EVER..NEVER EVER!!!! So as luck would have it - I had to run an errand for my boss - and next to the place I had to run to is a hardware store that has a post office in it. I dashed in - bought more stamps and let me tell you about THIS jack-o-lantern. This is an ACE hardware....that NEVER EVER has more than three people in it. EVER. So the words CRUCIAL should NOT ever be used in the same sentence with Lawn and Garden --especially while you're waiting on me - and selling ME stamps telling ME that MY business is taking up CRUCIAL time for customers in LAWN and Garden. HUGE mistake - Actually for Jack - it was a "crucial" mistake - because after not having a day off in over three weeks?????? I let HIM know ALL about every ache, pain, misery, worthless co-worker, tragedy.....and CRUCIAL time line that I was facing......and when I tell you I can be over dramatic? I should have gotten a TONY. Then I toyed with the idea of having TWO keys made......and on my way out I stopped in LAWN and garden and told the people waiting that I hoped JACK O LANTERN was nicer to them than he was to me - but he was SURE worried about THEIR sale......and they looked at me like I was nuts....I explained a little further and OH.....here comes jack.....His Look was priceless so I pretended to take out my phone and snap his picture - and said on my way out "FOR CORPORATE." smiled and left. Left him with THAT thought for continually making mention that I was taking up HIS time with ALL MY LETTERS and OMG how many did I have to send and I really have to get back to a crucial sale in lawn and garden....." Then talked over me - around me to other employees and kept exhaling and rolling his eyes as he printed lables and sold me (another book) of stamps - which I drug on and on about how mine MUST have been stolen.......and then I found out my FIance - had them -------and then lost them.......and ........and.........and...ahhahahah. ahem.

SO....dear ones. The cards are coming.........and I am delighted that you have them!!!!!!!! Or are going to GET THEM.......and the lists so you can send each other some CHEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE SEASON OFFICIALLY BEGIN!!!!!!!! AND ENJOY ONE ANOTHERS LOVE!!!!!

LOOK FORWARD TO THE BEAUTY OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!! (just get your stamps somehwere nice) lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
ps.....I hold no claim that I am sweet whatsoever........but if you think so? Thank you. That will be six - you and the five dogs. ROFLM squeeky toy Off. Just don't let it get around.....I've mostly got the rest of them fooled into believing otherwise. :rollingpin:

H

HaoZi

I got mine earlier this week (so cute!) and I'm so glad my local post office is better than the ones you hit. It's a few blocks away, those guys come in all the time for food (carriers and counter help), and were able to tell me off the top of their heads how much Canada and New Zealand stamps were. When I went to get two books and the C and NZ stamps? Under 10 minutes including parking (of course there was only one person ahead of me and she was paying when I walked in, that helps!).

T

TeDo

I got mine yesterday too. I am so excited to FINALLY be eligible to do it this year. I LOVE getting cards and I can't wait. For those of you not able to be included this year, you HAVE to get in on it next year.

As for the post office, ours is always awesome, but then again I grew up here with most of the workers (or in some cases their kids). Did the original books ever show up? Just curious.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, I swear your whole life is an adventure. If you don't get it into print it will be a sin. I know I would stand in line in 101 degrees with 99 percent humidity or a blizzard at 30 below to purchase it.

Seems I got my card from our dear Star too. Only minus the list, which is what I was waiting for. I even picked up these adorable cards......It took a few minutes to register. I love you guys. My cards will be ready next year. lol

And again my mail lady will look at me oddly. I'm the quiet type. I mostly stay in my house. I'm really polite to her and I don't let Molly eat her. (which she's extremely grateful for) She just can't figure out how someone as hum drum and home body as me gets all these letters from all over the place. I can see on her face she tries to figure it out but is too polite to ask. lol And I just smile at her.

I'm going to set them up on the mantel this year. My mantel has two large shelves that will be perfect. And I can sit and look at them all I want.:santa:

BusynMember

Oh, Star, you ARE sweet (at least here...hehe)!

We have a post office with odd hours too. From 10:15 to 12:30 they are closed. Half the time I forget the strange hours and when do I go there? During those hours! But that's me. I'm really a space cadet! :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Got mine too!!! Monday. But I forgot to post!

Now all I have to do is address envelopes.

Oh... You guys? If you go to USPS.com you can get your mail carrier to deliver stamps. So COOL!

Mom2oddson

Got my card on Tues. Star, your post office workers were trained at my local post office. I go to the post office 25 miles away so that I know the cards/boxes will actually get there.

I've got my cards, stamps (thank you Costco!-no Post office visit), and the list. Now I just have to sit down this weekend and get them ready for mailing!

trinityroyal

Eeee! This is so exciting. I can't wait to get my list.

I've learned the hard way not to go anywhere NEAR my local post office. The lady who works there went to the same postie-school as yours did Starbie. As husband puts it, when she's serving you, you can hear the gears in her head creaking as they get moving. And since the gears are wooden they can't go too fast or they'll catch on fire. Indeed!

I've got stamps and cards. Just awaiting the list, and I'm ready to go.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Trinity

cubsgirl

Star - you crack me up - I love the way you tell your stories. You should write a book :)

P.S. I get my stamps at the grocery store because our USPS people are s-l-o-w too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hound........O.M.G........You didn't get a list?????? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. SUuuuuuuuuuprise!!!!!!!!!! You can thank (mmmm hmmm hmmmmm) hahaha She suggested you! I not say unless she say I can say....ha ha ha!

I looked at that post and I was like......OH CRUD....huh? Wait..........I was sure I put a list....hang on......She Oh.........hahahaha (slaps head) Hound was the Secret Cheer recipient this year......hahaha. (ahem) small duh star.

Yup - you needed the love girl! Tell 'you know who' to leave em up on the mantle. (wink)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have NO idea how to write a book. Said it before.....my life is too weird. I think maybe this is why I have no girlfriends in real life. No one is BRAVE enough to hang with me - cause this stuff really happens.

Can you see the guys from area 51 sitting around reading about my life going....."ohhhhhhhhhhhhh........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........ohhhhh?"

H

HaoZi

Memoirs aren't like writing a novel, hon. It would be more like taking your posts and making a book out of them. You should, it's easier than you think. :)

DammitJanet

I have to go get my cards this weekend, along with some tape to tape them around my mantle this year. We arent doing a tree this year so the cards are going to be our decorations. We have officially passed down our tree to Cory.

Star*

call 911........call 911
This was a chuckle.......

DF (who had total knee replacement end of Oct. - aka My Sewer Weasle killer) goes down the drive to get the mail every day. There is a small incline. So it's been good exercise for him. He turned to me when he saw the stack of cards this year going out and said "How many on the list this year dear?" Kinda sounded like Mr. Claus, and I said - "One hundred and fifty two luv, why?" He drug his hand over his face and said "One hundred and fifty two huh? Wow, I wasn't going to tell you this, but I'd been skipping the trip to the mail box daily and going every other day on advice of the doctor and PT." (long pause) I guess if there are THAT many cards coming I had better get the lawn tractor out so I can ride down there and be sure you get all your cards every night." I just stiffled a chuckle and I said - "There weren't any more than Thirty this year hon. " So he says "Oh whew, well then I guess I'm okay huh?" So I looked at him and said 'Are you kidding? I still want MY CARDS every night!!!' and all I heard was a small groan 'Listen, I'll buy you some gas for the tractor okay?" He just sat there blinking. Then I said "Really, it's okay I'll get the mail the days you don't." He started to smile and then said "Surprise I can make it down there EVERY DAY!" So I guess the doctors visit was a good one!! He goes back in January or February for the other one and he can't wait.

Wait till I tell him we're doing Valentines this year! (snort) :flirtysmile3:

Mom2oddson

Can we please oh please do valentines! With husband's b-day on the 1st and our anniversary on the 7th.... the 14th of February doesn't rate much in the M2O household. Oh and wouldn't me getting a bunch of V-day cards light a fire under my husband's tush. I might actually rate more than "I just said everything last weekend with our Anniversary". MEN! sheesh. *I'm thinking blank notecards with heart stickers would work nice*