I got my job!!!

Andy

p.s. I don't think NVT meant to find someone to join YOU and mother in law. I think she meant to just join mother in law. Maybe a great new friend so when you are not available, mother in law will have a new friend to chum with. Maybe someone who is such a kindred spirit that mother in law will call upon her before entering your home?

LOL! :)

You did bring our corners to OshKosh didn't you?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, when you work as a checker(assuming this is check-out person on cash register) I'm thinking you could wear a checkered shirt and checkered flags at your register with a big sign.......FINISH LINE and maybe a tape they can break thru when they are done.........ah, okay......too much help, huh? I'm living vicariously through you.......have fun at your new job!

Andy

Why Me - That would be awesome - she would be sure to get ALL the moms with kids through her line - too bad those jobs are not based on commission $$$$.

I know I would be back there shopping with my kids real soon.

LOVE that idea!

Abbey

Spork Queen
You guys are too funny. See, what you don't understand is I WOULD dress like that at a check stand. But, I have to be careful. I can't scare off my bosses that quickly. I'll have to ease into it. Maybe one flag one day...a second flag on the next day, then I'll pull the hat, then the shirt. I'll give them a week.

This store is so huge that you DO feel like you've made it to the finish line when you're done. I can see customers tumbling through the finish line tape. YEAH!! I made it!! I'll give them a little bottled water for their effort. And maybe a sticker, too.

Should be interesting. They seemed very excited about my 'flair.' They don't know what they're getting into. ;)

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Abbey, it's wonderful news. :bravo: I'm so happy for you and so happy that I can put some clothes on and take these dang chicken livers off. ;)

Suz

Marguerite

That's marvellous news!

On the subject of dressing up - in our supermarket (the bit store one we go to) there is a checkout lady who wears amazing hats. She makes them herself for Easter and for Christmas. They are always different, always a talking point - and always light up. Sometimes bits spin.

And also on dressing up - when "Sale of the Century" was getting going in Australia back in the late 70s, a girl husband & I had known at drama club at uni auditioned for the role of "quiz girl" - you know, the glamour job, the girl who stands there looking gorgeous and spinning letters or whatever. Our friend was slim, but gawky. NOT really model material. But our friend turned up for the obligatory swimsuit component of the audition definitely wearing a swimsuit - it was a red and white striped neck to knee old fashioned bathing costume, complete with mob cap and parasol!

She got the gig.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Calgon,

At my former VERY critical job (snicker) of being a demo lady in a grocery store, I would dress up in crazy costumes nearly every day and play music at my little station. The staff quickly realized I was absolutely nuts, but the customers loved it.

I think I still have icing in my ears from the Princess Leigh day.

So, after my training time at my new job, I plan to continue the tradition. They seem excited about it. Watch out Oshkosh...here I come!!:sword:

Abbey

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Chiming in later here, but hey CONGRATULATIONS Abbey!!! I'd shop there every day if it were closer! I'm really bummed I won't be able to drop in on you next time I'm in Vegas now...