I got my new furbaby!

rejectedmom

I brought little Maggie home on Tuesday. She is a tiny little female siamese that has a personality as big as the planet! :smile: She has already put my 60 pound Basset hound in his place. Has tantrums when se doesn't get her way and is so sweet and attentive when she is being held or played with. I am spoiling her rotten (hope it doesn't backfire). She is a good diversion for me. I was really missing my kitty that I had to put down six weeks ago. I think this is going to be a good fit. And she will be here to sit with me next week when I am recouperating from my surgery. :ill: -RM

'Chelle

Welcome to your new furbaby.

My kids both want a kitten (each their own) and I wouldn't mind, but husband isn't big on cats. I may still, as I told husband he's not the only person in the house and he'd just have to put up with it. With the rabbit though, I don't know how she'd deal with cats. I did tell the kids that they'd have to wait until the rabbit was gone, but who knows if I change my mind.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Congratulations, RM. I got a new furbaby a couple of weeks ago but it was of the canine fuzzbutt variety, not feline. Enjoy your new sweet honey!

Suz

donna723

Congratulations on your new "baby"!

Have you ever had a Siamese before? I've had several in the past and they most certainly do have an "attitude". You won't ever be bored with a Siamese around! Remember the old Disney movie, "Lady and the Tramp"? The two Siamese cats in the movie were exactly the way they really are ... snotty and bratty! :grin:

rejectedmom

Suz, Congratulations on your new addition too!

Chelle, I had a friend wo had both cats and rabbits so i guess it can be done.

Totoro and Donna, Yes she does indeed have an attitude! She is having a hissy fit right now because I put her in the bathroom to keep her out of trouble while I post here. I have not had a purebred siameese before but my friend did. I had a himalayan years ago and my last cat was definately part siameese. This little "lady" is certainly keeping me amused. I don't think I have laughed this much for a long while. -RM

donna723

RM, you will soon see a little "evil" streak coming out in her too! I think they all have one. It's in their genes.

Our first Siamese, Rachel, would never have anything to do with strangers. She wasn't afraid of them, she just had no use for them and she would go hide out somewhere till they left. The ONLY one she ever took any notice of was a (short-term) sister-in-law that nobody liked! This girl was terrified of cats - she'd get hysterical and act all silly just seeing a cat. Rachel never touched her but she followed her everywhere she went! Every step she took, Rachel was right behind her, even followed her right into the bathroom, causing sister in law to scream and almost faint dead away! Rachel knew this girl didn't like her, and was purposely tormenting her! The last time sister in law came to our house, she was sitting on the sofa and Rachel snuck along the back of the sofa and then leaned around her so she was nose to nose with sister in law! She gave her that goofy cross-eyed look and then yowled :cry: at her as loud as she could! sister in law screamed and ran for the door, and we never saw her again! And as rude as it was, the louder sister in law screamed, the harder we laughed! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It was hysterical! Never liked her anyway! :grin:

rejectedmom

:rofl: Rachel sounds like my kind of cat! My previous cat that I had to put down in January was like that only in reverse. My grand kids love animals and wanted to pet her but she would trrrorize them and hiss and swat at them (no claws). When the kids would back off Effie would try to get their attention again and as soon as she did she would hiss at them again. The grandkids called her "evil cat". She was not to me and the immediate family she was an angel. she just liked to torment kids and dogs. -RM

Sunlight

RM- I still miss my cat, Misty. She passed away when she was 17 yrs old. It has been two yrs. I have been thinking of getting a new pet, perhaps an older already trained dog from the humane society. I need some late night company and someone to walk with. we shall see. I do not want to make any quick decisions in light of the recent breakup. just missing a pet. glad yours is working out!

rejectedmom

Janet, I think you are wise to wait until your are feeling better. Pets are a responsibility and need care. They do give back alot but they need attention and care. Right now your primary need is to take care of yourself. If a pet is something that will help you take care of you, and not just an impulse sparked by lonliness then go for it. Sending you more (((HUGS))) -RM