I Got My Treadmill

On_Call

I have been after husband to buy me a treadmill so that I can somehow work some exercise into my crazy schedule. Yesterday, he surprised me by telling me to pick one out while shopping. Things have been particularly stressful lately and this certainly brightened my spirits.

I picked a median priced model - not too many bells and whistles, but enough. He even stayed up late last night setting it up and then today we changed around our guest room (which rarely gets used by guests) so that my treadmill sits in one corner. He even had to put in a new outlet so it could safely be used in the room. I walked 2.5 miles on it today and it felt great.

Now, I just have to keep at it, which I have made a vow to do. I watch Young & the Restless each night on Soap Net while the munchkins are in the shower and have promised myself to walk while I watch. Should be good motivation watching those skinny chicks waltz around their dramatic lives, right?

Never thought I would be so psyched to have a piece of exercise equipment, but I am.

Nancy

How exciting Jamie. Watching TV while walking on it works well, the time passes quickly and you hardlynotice. I found that I was able to increase my time and speed within a week.

Nancy

On_Call

I lost 35 pounds from July through December last year - basically just cutting back my portions at meals. The walking is something that I love to do, but it has fallen by the wayside lately. The treadmill makes it possible to walk when it's convenient for me.

It is a great stress reliever - that part is an awesome bonus. I walked another two miles tonight and then jumped in a hot shower. Walking last night after dinner didn't mess with my sleep, so hopefully it will work out because a.m. walking would require a real switch around of my routine.

And, if I happen to lose a few more pounds (I could stand to lose about 45 more) - all the better!

easy child and difficult child each walked 1/4 mile tonight, too. Figure I'd better start them out slow. husband walks in the morning after I go to work.

Hopefully, we'll keep it up.