I got the most pitiful phone call today

DammitJanet

Ring ring

I answer. croaking voice "mama, I'm dyinggggg!!!!!!!!"

Me. Cory...Cory! Is that you? Cory! What is wrong! Cory CORY!!!!!

mama...aghhhhh...mama...cough...slurp..mama. Whimper.

Me. CORY!!!!!!!

Him. Mama, I have a horrible migraine...sob sob whimper...cry cry...mama...what do I do....whineeeeee! I hurt so bad and Im throwing up!!!!! Mama help me!!!!!

Here I am on the way to my doctor so I tell him to hang up and I will call his dad at the house to take him some migraine medications and some nausea medications. Sigh. My poor baby. Whatever will he do without me?

T

TeDo

Not only is he your son, he is such a "man". As tough as they act, they can't handle pain. Your place as his "nurse" seems to be well established. LOL

keista

Awwww I'd be laughing if it was anything but a migraine.

I've had 1 in my life, and if it wasn't really a migrane, it was the worst headache ever. No other symptoms except head felt like it was going to explode - couldn't even walk, had to crawl to the bathroom.

So yeah, poor baby.

klmno

LOL! Don't they always need their mammas?? Be flattered..... in between the grunts about him not growing up. LOL!

DDD

I had to smile reading your post. You've had such a tought week with Jamie et al that I bet this phone call reaffirmed that you are a good Momma! Hugs. DDD

DammitJanet

Ya know, no matter how much grief Cory has given me, and boy has he given me a TON, he has only really hurt me a few times. When he has done that, he always gets very very upset with himself too and cant stand it. Cory is my baby and he loves his place as such.

dashcat

Poor kid. I've never had a migraine, but I hear they are brutal. And do you know what? I sure do wish my momma was still here for me to call when I need her (which is way more often than I'd ever realized). Enjoy every good momma moment ... it doesn't mean you enjoy his suffering!
Dash

DammitJanet

What tickled me was that his dad got up and actually found the medications and took them over to him and got a cold wet rag and put it over his eyes like I told him to do...lol. Im not one who can tell you the generic name of anything but I know it when I see it and I know what my medications look like so here I am going down the road trying to describe a bottle, the approximate size, color and first letter of the generic name (and praying they put the generic for on the label) as Tony is rummaging around in my bathroom! I have about 20 or more bottles of scripts...lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
Poor Cory!! I had a sudden onset one last night myself. I had been fighting one for a day or so but this hit like lighting - sudden and HARD. Actually took my breath away. Thank Heaven for Imitrex!

I am glad you had medications to send to Cory. I can just imagine husband trying to find the medications for one of my kids! Of course no matter what medication name I say he can't remember it ten seconds. That is why each of my kids knows EXACTLY what medications they take, how to spell them, when and how to take them, and what they are allergic to. And Jess knows as well as I do what thank you and Wiz are allergic to and taking. I still laugh at the elem school because they used to go to Jess's class to ask if thank you could eat this or that - and she was NEVER wrong!!!

I hope he doesn't have them often. The rule now is 3 - if you have them 3 times a week, or more than 3 weeks a month, then you NEED a preventative. Beta blockers are super cheap and often the most effective at preventing - my new doctor says a study he read recently says beta blockers work better than topomax in studies to keep them prevented in the long term, plus they help with other problems by keeping blood pressure low. Or that is what I was just told when I asked about mine and Jessie's two weeks ago.