I got to go to church with her this morning :)

PatriotsGirl

After they pass their 30 days, you can also attend church with them. They go to a very big church about a half hour from here so Connor and I surprised her there this morning. It was awesome!! I will definitely be going every Sunday morning. Loved the pastor, loved the service! This will be something she and I can share every Sunday and Connor will start going to the childrens' program. <3

Interestingly enough, today's sermon was about raising teenagers and teenagers honoring their parents... :)

This church is nothing like I am used to. It was set up like a concert hall. There were no organs, no bibles to pull out and nowhere to kneel. It is a non-denominational church and it was like going to a concert with a message. Definitely my kind of church!

PatriotsGirl

Unfortunately she admitted that she didn't get the message because she was so distracted watching Connor. So next Sunday he will visit with her beforehand but then I will bring him to the kids club. :)
I was in a great mood all day yesterday - definitely making this a Sunday tradition. :)

Origami

It's funny now that my kids are grown, only one of them still attends church although we raised them all in the church. We went every Sunday as a family, they all went to religious instruction, were altar servers, etc. But even though they don't attend anymore (four of the five are atheists), they still speak fondly of the times we spent there and the people we knew. I think it can be a positive family experience and I'm so glad you were able to go!