i gotta laugh

Jena

this is funny in my head right now, let's see how funny it is in print. :)

difficult child has been developing by leaps and bounds, as many of you know a few mos ago was our first pink bra. well, let's just say she needs a new one lol. scary!!!

she smells now also. underarms that is. i cant' even begin to imagine what this child will act like when she starts to menstrate. the whole hormonal thing has me thinking of these things....... i got mine a little after 11.

i keep telling difficult child when she sees easy child's pads in the cabinet and stuff what happens, yet sheesh i may need to rush her to the er that day for a prn when it occurs, lol.

see, funny in my mind........... probably not funny in this post. but seriously though she almost passed out at the blood test today.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Right there with you... It's funny and not, at the same time. difficult child 1 knew what was going on, but it didn't stop her fire-engine-siren screaming when it did finally happen.

I just hope you can get difficult child to keep supplies with her. I can't imagine walking around (middle) school with the seams of my jeans reddish-brown and getting worse, but difficult child 1 did for a long time. Laundry day was disgusting. I finally got through to her that it was gross when I made her do laundry!

Sigh.

helpangel

I can relate too and I'll admit I was a little offended when my 12yo daughter threw one of my bras back at me and announced I can't wear that tiny little thing! When my girls start having monthlies with me going thru the change at the same time we are going to be lucky if we get 5 good minutes a month around here and my son (well he's 24yo so he just better find an alternative place to live - now would be good LOL).

I started that mess when I was 9yo and yes started at school, I lucked out because the next one in the bathroom was the principal; wow was she shocked when I came out of that bathroom stall and she realized I was only in 3rd grade! I'm not looking forward to dealing with the curse with my girls either - I call it the curse because I curse when it shows up unexpected and I curse more when it doesn't show up at all :ohmygod:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
With you!!!
K is growing too fast. I was 9 also. All of the woman that I been able to find out about on my Mom's side were early as well.
She has been an exact replica of me so far.
When I say this to the doctor's they say don't worry.
Well we have been right about every thing else when they said don't worry!
So I am worried!

Sheesh how do you guy's deal with this. K can't even wipe her butt! We have one year and it could be happening!

She doesn't even have a concept of this.
I am still trying to explain hygiene.

She has bad body odor also.
We had to buy deodorant last year.
J don't you still have to help her in the shower? I do with K.

I think I will need a PRN when it happens!

Jena

Step - Wow, so you experienced it and lived to tell the tale, yay to you!! I'm glad you finally got through to her. It is rough though. I cannot even imagine laundry day lol. sheesh

angel - can i just say i was weak laughing when i read your thing at the bottom about why you can't find a babysitter. that's funny stuff!! :)

Yes the joys of the womanhood............ i lucked out got mine after school, yet my mom decided sharing it with all the neighbors was a good thing NOT!! LOL......

Yet if memory serves me that summer there was an embarrassing moment with white shorts that i truly think scarred me lol

Toto - wow so early you guys, what's in the milk there??? :)

As far as the butt thing goes, it'll happen quick one minute you'll be wiping next K will be and using a pad. You'll get there!! scary stuff though, right??? I sat thinking about it today while i noticed difficult child smelled even after her shower lol, i thought oh man that wont' be good......

where's my padded room, where oh where is it???

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
NA NA NA NA NA NA
I'm not listening TO YOU
I'm not listening to you!
Stop it. K will never ever get her period, pure denial here. LOL

I had to go to a neighbors house... it was just me and my Brother's and my wonderful Adopted Dad! Yikes!

Jena

OK, so what colored room do you want?? LOL

I"m thinking pink for mine......... i like pink, pink and black.