I had fun........and a hang over :)

Jena

good morning

how is everyone today?? So I went out last night, drank a whole lot :) and had fun. It was nice seeing my old friends, from long ago. Yet it is so funny because nothing ever comes without a huge lesson attached to it lately, or without some sort of something......

it was weird going back to that place, it was a different time for me back than, following my divorce years ago. Seeing alot of familiar faces at this bar people who had quite honestly never moved in and were still there. The stories that were attached to it, who got divorced, who got hooked on drugs etc. Now mind you this was a nice waterfront bar/grill place, not a seedy place at all. I used to bartend there many years ago. Yet their all still in "stuck" mode, whereas back than although our friendships were true i was in transitional mode. They never left that mode. It was odd to see that.

So, at the end of the day I've got some great pictures, I will i'm sure see them again yet hte friendships will be different, and the crazy nights of partying and drinking is not who i am anymore i have changed. that was a period after the divorce as i had said and at that point i needed them. so, on my kidless weekends it was all about fun.

Yet when my boyfriend drove out so many miles from after work, on the road for an hour and a half Occupational Therapist (OT) meet me with all the recent things him and i have been through i was glad to see him. I began to appreciate the life I have here, home with him the craziness i complained about with all the kids i began to appreciate as well. I had totally sobered up before driving home, yet the way he still followed me all the way back home some 100 miles just to make sure i was ok. He earned some boyfriend points last night and wasn't even trying :)

Andy

I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I think it is good to go back and revisit a chapter in our lives that we may miss the most. Like for you, it shows us that even though they were fun years, we have grown past them and they don't quiet fit anymore. We can not go back to stay, but we can visit from time to time and our memories will help take us forward.

It sure looks different now than it did back then doesn't it?

Welcome home! :)

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad you had fun. Also glad you can see the changes you have made, the growth, and how others have not grown. Sometimes we need tosee this to appreciate what we have and/or are working for. I know that some of the times I get together with the people I worked at the pizza restaurant are great, but I also get to see how "stuck" some of the people are - esp a couple of the guys who have kids but never spent time wtih them, were not in their kid's lives. Those guys are really regretting it now that the kids are adults and won't give them the time of day. They are still stuck in their old ways, and even their kids can't move them forward in life.

Enjoy the newfound appreciation of your life. Glad boyfriend came to join you, and saw you safely home.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good to go out and hand with old friends once in a while. Your nite out gave you some much needed down time and fun, and also showed you how far you've traveled along life's road.

Hugs

Jena

hi

it was sad actually when i heard of bad outcomes of people back when that seemed so happy and functional. anyhow it was fun, and that's exactly what it was supposed to be. i'm so so deep lately lol i'm making myself sick. :) i can't seem to not think deeply in regards to anything as of late. but i will say i can still hold my liquor... i'm not quite sure how many soco shots i had last night but wow. it was good timing though i got there early enough so that by a certain time i just switched to water and soda for the remainder of the night.

thanks guys :)

oh and yes it does look alot different than it did back then.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am glad that you had a good night last night. Sometimes we just need that to keep going. The reminders of where we have come from and the reminders of what we have now.

hugs
beth

trinityroyal

Jennifer, it sounds like you had a blast.
And how nice of boyfriend to come and meet you and see you safely home.

Sometimes it's a real revelation to go back, isn't it? People who seemed totally on top of their game who are stuck in a rut, others who seemed to be going nowhere who've made something of themselves. It's good to gain perspective on where you were, where you are now and how far you've come. Sounds like it's helping you to figure out your current situation.

Glad you had a great time!
Trinity

jenzer

I am quickly realizing that the 'perfect & happy people' are sometimes the most messed-up. I just found out the doctor that reported me to cps for medical neglect a couple years ago, charges I proved wrong, is now divorced and lost custody of his kids. Karma?
The important thing is that we all grow and learn, everyday. And never take your life for granted. Hope you have a great day!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Glad you had a good time and got some good insight on your current situation, as well. What more can you ask for?

TerryJ2

Wow, he followed you that far? That's worth a stay overnight. :)
I assume Soco is Southern Comfort? No way could I keep up with-you, LOL!
It is strange to look back. Glad you've come so far. It must feel very good. You do sound much happier.