I had thee pleasure...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
of meeting GCVMom and KtMom91and hubby as I left Cali today! It was absolutely the whipped cream and cherry on top of a wonderful trip!

They are 2 wonderful ladies, and hubby entertained Wee. Wee has loved his goodies and lights, they made the long flight to Chicago pass more quickly, for sure, and he shared with a little girl who was upset on descent, as well.

It makes me even more anxious to meet more of my imaginary friends some day!

Thanks, Ladies!

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, the pleasure was all MINE! That little guy of yours is SUCH a sweetheart :) He would have fit right in with my two boys at that age, I have no doubt at all. It was great to see Mary and her husband again -- they were off to do some sightseeing in my somewhat historic little town (something about a presidential library, and her grandmother having taught the namesake in kindergarten). We had fun extending our conversation over lunch, too before I had to take off to collect kids from school.

Sigh. It's a shame we all don't live closer. There's something special about meeting people from this board -- probably because we know we have much more in common than we'll ever have with most people we'll ever meet.

KTMom91

The pleasure was mine, too! We had a wonderful time visiting, and the sightseeing was great as well.

In case you were wondering, ladies, Random KT continued throughout the day. After the call about the rumpets being moldy, she sent me a picture of a cake she made for Bible Study. It had PURPLE frosting. I mean PURPLE. Then she informed she was also taking fluffernutters to go with the cake. She was very concerned about when we would be home, because the dog might have business, and Bible Study was tonight, and when we were in Cleveland, the dog pooped in her room because she forgot to take him out. And the panthers ran out of water. And she did laundry, and all the towels are clean. Oh, yeah, and she cleaned the kitchen so there was room to make the cake.

After we got home, she pulled the rumpets out of the garbage to show me the mold. I asked why she just didn't throw them out when she saw they had mold on them. She replied, "Well, I wasn't really sure it was mold. It might have been a blueberry going incognito."

busywend

Sounds like a lovely meeting as they always are! It is so nice to meet people from here. An instant connection for sure.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Blueberry going incognito???? OMG. And you'd have been able to tell on the phone whether it was mold or a blueberry in disguise? ROFLMAO

I got home to a broken wash machine. I had asked husband to wash Wee's sheets while we were gone. Pretty sure he started that late yesterday, as I got the "it broke" call when I got to Chicago....hmmm.....

And you want me to do what from here about it?????

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well.... it IS almost time to start planning another one, isn't it? :winks:

Which part of the country shall we next descend upon, hmmm?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
But I thought she's getting married September 11th? Can't very well have a bachelorette shin-dig AFTER the fact, now can we?

VEGAS, BABY! VEGAS!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Are there donkey rides in Phoenix? I'm so jealous. :tongue: How lucky you all are! I bet it was a laugh fest all day!