I hate kids, therapy and all this garbage!

nvts

Ok, probably not the most constructive statement in all the world, but I'm so flippin' tired of "understanding".

Just a quick layout:

1. difficult child 1 is making me crazy. No matter what's going on, you NEVER know what's going to set him off. We were a therapy last evening, I walk out of the therapists office so he and the therapist can talk and have a game, about 10 mins. later, HE'S having the start of a meltdown because she told him he's behaving inappropriately. Now I have to come in and settle him down or he's off to the hospital. I have to endure the back talk, sarcasm, the smarmy remarks, and pardon my french, but the :censored2:.

2. it's a new therapist - "you know we're a mandatory reporting agency" blah, blah, blah. We're already under investigation (count this: 4 flippin' times!) by ACS because this chowder head told them at school during a meltdown that he was going to get his grandfather's gun and blow himself and his father away (my dad's gun dates back to the civil war and in a gun BARREL! A really talented gunsmith might be able to melt it down and make it into something!).

3. The ACS investigator showed up at the hospital the last time (3 weeks ago) and wanted me to give her permission to go to the house where my lil sis' was watching the other kids to go through my drawers, the closets, the attic, the basement and anywhere she wanted to look for a gun. I said "no" I don't mind you checking for food, clothing, beds, etc., but you're not rifling my house. "Why not?" "Because I have nice things, I don't know you and I don't want anything disappearing". husband walked her through the house the next day and opened drawers, closets, pulled down the attic stairs, gave access to the basement, etc. The next time she showed up, she told me difficult child 1 and 2 CAN'T be on the autistic spectrum because they can talk.

4. The evil Devon at school is still allowed on the bus with the boys and is still starting crap with difficult child 1 in class.

5. My sister (that used to be my best friend) is starting to threaten to hold the holidays hostage because my other sister (psycho sis) and I are not speaking. This is the 25th year that I've hosted Thanksgiving and now she might do her own and include psycho sis. Psycho sis has ALWAYS been to Thanksgiving at my dads (where I host it - big house) and she and I haven't spoken in 2 years, so I don't know WHAT the deal is on that!

6. I'm pregnant, tired and irritable. I cry at the drop of a hat (was watching a commercial the other day and had tears streaming - couldn't tell you why!) Harriett Hormone is alive and well and living inside me!

7. I can't get a minutes peace. The phone rings, the doorbell rings, the dog needs comforting, my Dad's dental bridge broke, I have to go to yet ANOTHER funeral because Dad can't go to these things alone, difficult child 3's birthday party for the family was Sat. and difficult child 1's will be in 2 weeks (right now their ages are 7,8 and 9 - on mischief night difficult child 1 turns 10).

8. The Special Education school that difficult child 1 and 2 are enrolled in are playing games as far as semantics go for testing 1 for learning disabilities. I had to reject his IEP twice!

9. difficult child 2 is regressing because he has difficult child 1's former teacher who's treating him as if he's difficult child 1. Those two are polar opposites!

10. husband didn't lock his car and his GPS was stolen.

11. Chicken legs and thighs are on sale for .49/pound but I have to go all the way across the island to get them and my lil sis is beating the door down to go with me.

AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Whew, I thought I was going to pop with all of this.

Thank you for the vent.

The sad part is: this is my normally favorite time of year!

Beth

crazymama30

:highvoltage:Oh boy. I have done and felt many of those things, but not while I was pregnant. That is just the kicker. I think you need a long hot bath and some sparkling apple cider, and maybe a foot massage. Or you could go throw rocks at trees or in the river. For me throwing things helps. I just have to watch what I throw and at at what I aim.:not_fair:

house of cards

Well, I have 1, 4, and 8 and I'm feeling sorry for me, you get to spend at least a day in bed (or where ever you want). I remember laughing at myself the last time I was preg. because I would watch and cry at Lassie reruns on TV, I had to keep telling myself "she is the star, she will make it".
Seriously, wouldn't this life be so much different if the "experts" treated us(the parents) with respect and support instead of mistrust and trying to see us as the problem. Don't they ever consider the DAMAGE they cause to the families they are suppose to help. I hope ACS goes away very soon.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, nuts.

I dunno what to say other than to give you a big hug.

Remember what vet wrap is? I have some I can send. What color do you want?

Jena

yea me too, i'm just giving you a hug!! :)

Warm bath though and your feet up is kinda mandatory you may just have to lock yourself up in the bathroom to get some peace!!!

Beth,

I'm so sorry!!! I would like to stick all of the so called "experts", lol, with our difficult children for just 24 hours!!! I wonder how many of them would survive!!! Maybe a picture of the ACS investigator that you could throw darts at might help...

Seriously, I don't have much time at the moment - difficult child 2 is outside kicking a water bottle. I don't think he's capable of amusing himself much longer. I just want to send hugs too - Having difficult children and being pregnant at the same time has got to be the pitts!!! Luckily for me, when I was pregnant with easy child, I had no idea that her two older brothers, then 1 and 2 yrs. old, were difficult children.

Have husband watch the kids tonight. If possible, have him get take out. If not, have him at least clean up after dinner. Take either a nice long hot bath or shower. Have a warm drink and pretend it's spiked. Go to bed early. You deserve it!!!

I'll be thinking of you... Hugs... WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
You deserve a break today, so get up and get away to... anyplace you can! Sorry things are so rough right now! by the way, I like your title to the thread-it is a bit how I'm feeling today. Sending gentle hugs your way.

Beth,

I hope you had a peaceful evening... I hope your day is off to a great start:D... WFEN

And, Sharon (WO), Now you've got me singing the McD's jingle over and over and over in my head again... And, I hate McD's, lol!!!

nvts

WFEN: Actually, we got up 10 mins. before the first bus arrived, so it was pretty crazy around here (it's the first time I've slept in WEEKS so I offered NO explainations! :D).

difficult child 1 had a meltdown yesterday before he got on the bus. I was 25 miles away taking my Dad to a wake, so I'm on this crackly cell phone yelling outside a funeral home trying to get the adults to calm down so that they can calm HIM down! I must admit: the irony was too much, so I got this raucus case of the giggles after I hung up. I called husband and sent him, left the wake early and met them at home. I was understanding, yet still ripped difficult child 1 a new one for refusing to take the phone.

I made "Binner" which is breakfast for dinner and the kids "whined and dined" on pancakes, bacon and fruit salad.

I went upstairs and soaked my feet (rather than difficult child 1's head!) from stuffing them into dress shoes for the wake.

I have to take my Dad to the funeral mass (we still make sure that we show up so that we can put the "fun" back in "funeral"), and then my time is my own.

Thank all of you for being so nice - it just seems like I'm being surrounded by stupidity from the professional realm anymore. It's beyond frustrating!

Beth

:surprise:

Beth,

There is NEVER a dull moment in your house!!! I'm glad you got some much needed sleep. It's amazing what you can actually do in only 10 minutes time!!! I bet if someone asked you BK (Before Kids) to do what you probably did this morning in only 10 minutes, you would have fell on the floor hysterically laughing... It's amazing how much multi-tasking we are truly capbable of. Unfortunately, I wish we didn't really need to find this out...

I love your expression, "binner". When my kids were younger and life was totally insane, I sometimes gave them "binner" for supper. I'm impressed by how balanced yours was - I can remember nights of cereal, milk and toast spread with jelly, peanut butter, butter, etc... No veggies, no fruit unless you consider they occasionally dined on froot loops...

Anyway, sorry about the funeral this morning. I hope you get some "me" time before the kids get home. You not only deserve it, you NEED it!!!

And, I'm sorry, but, your posts always make me laugh - I always say, when raising kids, especially difficult children, you've got to maintain your sense of humour...

Thinking of you... WFEN

TerryJ2

Beth, I hear you!

I'm glad you got to soak your feet.

I want to scream every time I hear someone say, "It can't be on the autism spectrum because they can talk." Arrrrgh! The operative word is "spectrum," not "autism."

Those so-called professionals of yours should be reported. Idiots. Invasive idiots. Invasive, ignoramus idiots.

So sorry.

Oh, by the way, if it makes you feel any better, I used to cry at Diana Ross songs. In college. When I was definitely not pregnant. :)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh my gosh! You make me feel tired. And I am having to resort to Klonopin to even think about sleeping! Ambien can't even get me to nod off...
Maybe I will read your post before bed tonight!
I am sorry. Yes I have a smile and a big hug!!!
Hormones hoover...
Does anyone realize what a saint you are? We do if no one does... you get Warrior Mom of the Week in my opinion!!!

Pookybear66

Wow Beth, so sorry for your troubles with the "ones who think they know". Hopefully this will get better for you.
My kiddos love "Binner" although we just call it breakfast for dinner. They love the bacon and all the extras because breakfast is usually just cereal, oatmeal, toast, or a microwaved pancake and yogurt!
Your comment about putting the "fun" back in funeral made me laugh. I had never realized the components of the word before. I'm sorry you need to do so much ((hugs to you)) but I agree with totoro in that you get the Warrior Mom of the Week Award.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Obviously that little Squirrel isn't doing his job around the house... Super Squirrel my behind! Hmphhh

KTMom91

Beth, hope things calmed down for you, and you were able to put the fun in the funeral. Sending hugs and prayers that you get some much-needed peaceful quiet.