I hate teenagers

janebrain

I have 1 boy and 2 girls and the boy was much easier! I don't think it's fair that difficult child 1 now has a baby boy after all she put me through. She claimed to hate all the drama in middle school, yet she was the cause of most of it! difficult child 2/easy child is now closer to 18 than 17 and I am so glad. I think the worst years as far as attitude and mouthiness are from 13-16. Somehow I thought I would escape it with difficult child 2/easy child--she was so sweet! But, no, I didn't. I'm glad to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
Jane

BusynMember

I was very happy that my first grandbaby is a boy!!! :)
I love my daughters. I feel closer to my daughters then my sons because, well, we're all females and we're all in this together. But, really, they are much higher maintenance than my boys. Even my grown daughter, at 24 has some drama in her life sometimes and I have to calm her down. I look back and realize I was a major drama queen myself. My mom used to say, "I hope you have TEN of you!" And I didn't laugh. It scared me.
Well, my now 24 year old was at least ten of me. My younger daughter, not so much right now. But she isn't as sweet and cuddly as she used to be. Well, sometimes she is...lol. That's the confusing part.
GIRLS!!!!

lillians

lillians
good morning ,, just to say i also think that some behaviours we accept from our boys--we do not accept from our girls,,, and maybe we need to change a bit and back off,,this to shall pass,, any body???what do yu think

lILLIANS, i AGREE. iN GENRALMORE IS ACCEPTE OUT OF BOYS, in some respect, certainly more adventure, risktaking, out of the box, agressive type behavior.
I nmnay ways, my difficult child, daughter is more agressive, she is a risktaker, she is adventurous. I have tried to channel that with her via sports,art,music,staying very active.
I am more comfotable with the risktakign than many. My son is 18 and has a mortorcycle, loves to shoot rifles and shotguns, games. At an earlier age, he was into soccer and fencing. He has an op for an intership overseas this summer. He is an Eagle scout and did every high adventure activity available and still does. If does nto do intership, enocuragin ghim to work at high adventure socuting base. He also loves to read, loves ideas and is verbally gifted. He hasnever cared what others think. He does not relate in a close way to that many but has had same friends since age 9 he met through fenicng. and is now socutmaster )asst.) of same scout troop he has been in since age 10.
Daughter on some level cares deeply what other think but for a variety of resons she deos not conform at all, even a lot less than my son, who is very out of the box. She has one friend and takes a lot of encouragment to keep her involved in healthy pursuits:vollyball, music, art, and AA, and animals, she does volunteer work at Humane Society and they have asked her to fill out ap to work there.
I have two sons and a daighter. The sons, interstingly enoguh have my personality (Meyers Briggs scale): ENFP. Daughter is similar to her dad, ISTP Compassion

Marguerite

Rotsne, I like the sound of rubberpads in the door frame. Another thought, MWM - installing automatic door closers. They close slowly, but surely. Then there can be no arguments. And if you need to, you CAN prop them open.

MWM, try using "Explosive Child" methods on her. I do agree, it sounds like hormones running rampant.

Girls ARE different to boys, in so many ways. I was taught otherwise when I did teacher training; we were taught that any differences between girls and boys are what we imprint on our children. I now strongly disagree with this. I did my utmost to not imprint any gender stereotyping, so did my sisters, and I saw loads of evidence of girls "finding their own level" and femininity, at a very young age. And later at school and long before they reach puberty, the social dramas begin. The cattiness N is describing, MWM, I saw in difficult child 3's female classmates from age 8. I saw the same thing in easy child's classmates from even younger.

I don't know if changing schools for this reason is a good idea, though. It would be running away from the problems, and if there is any part of the problem that she has to own, then she will be rewarded for denial and avoidance, instead of learning to dig in and deal with it.

It is the difference between a pacifist and a peacemaker. A pacifist can get away with avoiding conflict; a peacemaker ends it. She needs to learn hhow to deal with conflict in her own way.

However, I also had to change schools at only a little older than this. I had gone from a school of all girls, where this level of cattiness was extreme. I went to a larger co-ed school which had a poorer standard, but I was happier there and the cattiness was well controlled. The co-ed school had a more "normal" atmosphere which played a big part of it. I changed schools because we moved away from the city.

We described easy child as having PMT form about age 8. Very P, was how we described it.

Sometimes you just have to hold on to your sense of humour and not play to her drama.

Marg