I hate the time change!

DDD

This year is harder than before because Ace just "can't get it". One of the best things about him was that he went to bed at 8 and got up at 7...lol, just like us. Now he is awake and ready to go out, eat, play etc. at six in the morning and at seven in the evening he starts pacing, looking at us like "what's wrong with you all" and heads in to bed at seven.

Are you all having trouble adjusting too? DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know, DDD, I hadn't given it that much thought in terms of the time change, but now that you mention it...yes!!!!

I've been in bed by 9PM all this past week. Of course, I'm up at my usual 2:30AM - 4 AM, then back to sleep, but still. I am a night owl = there should be a picture of me next to "night owl" in the dictionary! It is completely out of character for me to go to bed before 11PM. Last night I made it until 10PM, first time since last week.

And Izzy, the little pup, she comes and fetches us at bedtime, which for her is at about 9PM, but she's been right beside me all week, passing out into lala land along with me. I was so tired one evening that I was in bed by 8 PM and fell fast asleep without ever getting under the covers. Even H asked me, "What's up with you?" lol.

Glad I'm not alone...Ace is there with me, hahaha!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmm. It never occurred to me that that may be the reason Betsy keeps going to her crate at 7pm. Her normal bedtime is 8pm because that lets me bring molly into the livingroom to spend some quality time with mommy for a few hours each evening since the dogs have to stay separated. Also gives molly the opportunity to lounge on the loveseats. But at least she doesn't have a set time to whine when wanting out of the crate in the mornings. She did when younger but now.....ehh....she'll stay there until I let her out no matter what time it is. Which means I have to watch the clock to make sure I don't forget she's in there. I rarely hang out in the livingroom in the mornings and she's so darn quiet and patient I can forget her.

It's messing with easy child's boys. Brandon and Connor are exhausted by 6pm. (bedtime is 7pm) and sometimes getting them to hold off that extra hour is not easy. Plus side is they go right to sleep. lol

I wish they'd leave it alone. Doesn't do anything anyway. Those who go to bed early and get up early will still do it, those who don't won't.

DDD

I still don't truly understand the point of it all. Personally I wish they'd split the difference by thirty minutes and let it stay year round. by the way, there are retired people in our community who just plain don't change the clock. Maybe I'll try that if I ever retire, lol. DDD

Nancy

I'm having trouble too, but mostly because I don't see as well with my contacts in the dark and it gets dark so early now.

Nancy

Lothlorien

I wish it stay daylight savings all year. I like that it stays light out later. It's such a drastic change, especially if you work, when it gets dark by 5. I don't suffer that seasonal depression, since I quit my full time job years ago, but I sure do remember that feeling of leaving work and it being dark compared to a few days prior.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I wish it stay daylight savings all year. I like that it stays light out later. It's such a drastic change, especially if you work, when it gets dark by 5....but I sure do remember that feeling of leaving work and it being dark compared to a few days prior.

Ugh, I noticed this today when I left work at 4:30 and it was dark already, ew.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Count me as another who hates the time change. I totally notice a change in my energy level from now until we turn the clocks back. Right now it is light when heading to work, soon it will be dark on both ends. Ughh...