I HATE unreasonable deadlines!

trinityroyal

Geez Louise it's 5:55 in the bloody morning!

I just submitted the report that was due by "End of Day, Wednesday 28-March". Even generously interpreting "end of day" as 11:59 pm, I was late. Don't care, because it will be in the relevant people's inboxes when they start work this morning, so as far as I'm concerned, I was on time (ish).

Fuelled by adrenaline, a bag of tacos from the local Taco Bell (Thank you, darling husband), and a stack of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (Thank you Tot Monsters for the donation from your snack cupboard), I have been sitting here at my desk all bloody night working on this report.

When did I find out about the report? Tuesday mid-day. When did I find out that my babysitter was sick in the hospital and wouldn't be able to work on Wednesday? Tuesday night at about 10 pm.

So instead of working on my report, I took the day off to handle Monster-Tot duty. Honestly, it was a gift. I haven't had a day at home alone with the twins in ever so long and it was lovely to spend so much time with them. But in the back of my head, this !@#$%^&* report was ticking away like the proverbial bomb. So, once everyone was in bed and I had sat with husband for a little while to hear about his day, I got started. And now I'm finished. And I do mean finished. Cor blimey but I'm fried.

G'night everyone (or is that good morning? I don't know anymore). I do know that I'm going back to bed. Right this instant.

I hope you got enough rest and glad you had the day alone with the kids. Maybe they meant that anything after working hours was "late". You would think that wouldn't mattter either because if work is over when you hand it in, they won't look at it until today anyway.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know what? It's like listening to a Tale of Two Mummies with the accent an all - ROFLM crumpets off - dearie. (puts up TWO hand puppets) ------

First hand puppet is the executive and beautifully stylish, well-dressed business woman plunking away at her typew...er her keyboard (get with the times Star) computer laptop, and hammering out her assignment long into the wee hours of the night burning the midnight oil, amidst a desk top covered with stacks, and stacks of paperwork strewn all over the place and a pathetic little wrinkled, and now cold Taco Bell bag procuriously placed over it all as a trophy for assignment well done. Whilst on the other side of the hall (camera fade out, fade in) We have the Lovely Trinity, soft, long black curls framing her face - candle light dances off the reflection of her doe eyes, and the essence of satisfaction warmly hugs her as she quietly opens each childs door to watch the rise and the fall of their breaths ever so peaceful in dreamland as she sneaks down the hall to a loving devoted husband who smiles upon seeing her at the doors entrance, folds the paper and hold her in his arms forever more.

Yeah - I liked it with the British accent and the bloody hells a lot better. ROFL. I left out the part about the sitter. I think she only counts in YOUR world. In my world you ARE supermom.

Glad you got the paper into the masses -

HUGS - Tah Tah PIP PIP cheerio.......
Hey wait - do you have a French accent or a British one? I need to get that right in my head.

Tiapet

Old Hand
lol Star you are too much my friend! You really do need to write, anything and everything you have a talent and everyone keeps telling you so. Just do it, like Nike promos......write!

As for you Trinity, may sugar plums and fairies be dancing in your dreams (hopefully) while you were sleeping peacefully!

InsaneCdn

Trinity - I hope you're sleeping for me, too...
I caught all of about 3 hours last night... to get files onto somebody else's desk first thing this morning.
It's stuff we've been working on for a week or more...

I might get to catch up on sleep come... about... July?
Oh, that won't work either... the kids will be off on summer break.

{{hugs}}

trinityroyal

Star, what a lovely mental image. The reality was a little different. You had the Taco Bell bag right, but the wardrobe was more along the lines of sweats, fuzzy pink slippers and one of husband's giant sweaters for warmth. husband was sleeping soundly, but I did get a lovely bear-hug and some snurfling noises from under his pillow-hat. Then husband's alarm went off as my head was hitting the pillow. Time for the rest of them to get up. I managed to sleep through the morning chorus and get in a good 4-ish hours. I DO feel better.

Hey wait - do you have a French accent or a British one? I need to get that right in my head.
As for the accent, it's quirky. It's starts out British, but with Canadianized vowels and a slight West Indian lilt just to confuse EVERYONE.

Thanks everyone for the good-sleep wishes. Although it wasn't long, it was the most refreshing sleep I've had in a long time. Now it's back to the old grind. I guess it's still early enough to say Good Morning everyone!

Trinity

InsaneCdn

And for me? Its... on to task 247 out of 2470... (plus or minus), all due anywhere from 1.5 hours from now, to tomorrow, to... two months ago.

Remind me again why we work in the tech world?

buddy

I always hated that too. My niece who typically gets straight a's just had this situation in high school. she got her paper in around 2 a.m. and it was blocked (where they submit it). she emailed it to the teacher as a last ditch effort but bottom line is she procrastinated and it was a huge part of the grade so she is likely to not get her usual A and may not even get a B in the class. it is really not the end of the world in real life but to her it is devastating. I hope she learns from it.... There was no mercy at all. Teacher did not accept any assignments after midnight.

InsaneCdn

It was SO much easier in the "old days" to work with deadlines for courses. Campus was open 24/7. You simply showed up on campus at 3 a.m. and slid it under the prof's door. As long as it was there before the prof got there, you were fine.

trinityroyal

Like I said, quirky.
You know what a British person sounds like when they've lived in the U.S. or Canada for a long time and their accent is not as pronounced? Kind of like that, except my speech is peppered with archaic West Indian-isms because I spent so much time as a child with my grandmother and her friends from the senior citizens' club she belonged to. Stuff like "Monkey bettah know whe' him tail gon' go befo he buy trousahs".

You're probably safest imagining a soft-ish English accent. Close enough...

Star*

call 911........call 911
WHy would a monkey buy pants?

Now da boy ne ah rain coat an a yellow umbrellah sho im do, buh puttin sum trousahs on da monkey is for da silly people not frum Gullah. Put de lime in D coconut......lalalalaah

InsaneCdn

Star... maybe you just need a virtual vacation to the West Indies... It's REALLY a nice place to visit. Then, you can come back with your very own accent.

trinityroyal

WHy would a monkey buy pants?

Now da boy ne ah rain coat an a yellow umbrellah sho im do, buh puttin sum trousahs on da monkey is for da silly people not frum Gullah. Put de lime in D coconut......lalalalaah

:rofl: Star, I always did wonder the same thing.
And yes, it is a lovely place to visit.