I have a date YIKES!!!!!!!

KFld

OMG I can't even believe I'm doing this. A friend of mine at work is sending me on a blind date with someone she knows. He has emailed me and sent me pictures and we have talked on the phone. He wants to meet me this weekend. He looks very handsome from his pictures and sounds very nice on the phone. I guess I just never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever be at the point of my life again where I would be dating. I feel like I'm 16!!!!

We agreed to keep it light the first time, just to see if we like each other. I am going to call him today if I get done with a visit with one of my old friends from grammar school that I'm meeting for lunch early enough, and if not we will meet tomorrow. We are going to meet for coffee or a quick drink and then take it from there. I'm thinking I may need the drink :)Coffee will probably make me wired and I'll turn into a babbling idiot or something.

I'm trying not to be to nervous. Could be the beginning of a good friendship....... or more!!

Wish me luck and I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

Kfld,
It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! Don't be nervous...good luck on your date. -Alyssa

Fran

Former desparate mom
Amazing. I can't even imagine dating. Have a nice time and I hope he makes you laugh.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It sounds fun, Karen. Just go into it lite. Try to remember it's not like a job interview, it's just a casual fun-friend-meeting date. If you click great, it not, that's okay too - at least that 'first time' is over with. Keep it fun and lite.

I hope he makes you laugh too!

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Courier New'>Karen,

I like what Jo G said about keeping things lite. Adult-dating-after-marriage must be tricky, I can only imagine! It feels good to have something to look forward to, but without casting shadows on having fun - remember where you came from and where you stand now.</span>

DDD

been there done that, Chris, and you are right...it is tricky. Very tricky.

Deep six the words "or more", Karen, and hope this leads to a good healthy friendship. Whether you know it or not you are very
vulnerable.......so "take it easy, breezy!" Hugs. DDD

meowbunny

I wouldn't even worry about the "or more" part. Just hope you like him enough to make a new friend. You can't have too many friends. So, enjoy!

trinityroyal

Karen, I second the advice of everyone who has suggested removing the "or more" from your thinking.

Live in the moment, and enjoy yourself. Keep it light, stay in public, be careful, and most importantly, have fun.
Trinity

saving grace

Oh My Gosh!!! I am nervous just thinking about it. Have fun, no expectations just two friends having a drink. Cant wait to hear the details

Grace

TerryJ2

Ooohhh, good luck! Exciting and fun.
I like that a friend set you up, and you've already seen pics. I've never gone out with-anyone I didn't know from a friend or family member and would hate to start over now.
I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Let us know.

SRL

I keep waiting for something profound or encouraging to come to mind to tell you but all that kept coming to mind was......

Better YOU than ME! :rofl:

Have fun!
SRL,
who can't imagine dating at my age. :sleeping:

Star*

call 911........call 911
(drumming fingers)))) well I want his resume.....

And you dear have all the fun you can have until we clear his background.

Is the date over?

I mean, was it a Saturday date, or are we still waiting to learn the outcome?

I cannot imagine dating again, either.

I am sure I would just stay home.

:smile:

No, seriously.

Barbara