I have a hate/love relationship with technology.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Rule #1 - don't ever get to attached to whatever computer you have. It WILL eventually die and the replacement process will be horrifying.

Rule #2 - avoid at all costs running a new operating system. What worked in the dark ages did just fine.

Rule #3 - don't try to configure a new computer on your ONLY day off.

I am so flipping frustrated right now. I had my laptop for 6 years...ran just fine. I don't need bells and whistles. Just bare bones. I started computers back in the day where you used the 'run' option for nearly everything. Show me a root directory and I'm all good. Worked perfectly.

Well, my lovely pal died yesterday so I went to get a new laptop. I couldn't even figure out how to turn the damn thing on. I am not kidding you...the manual is 2 pages long.

Only took me 90 minutes to get my NEW printer hooked up to it, still can't get my graphics software on. Where is the flipping install.exe file? Where is the 'my computer' icon so I can see where they files are?

I don't want Google side bar. I don't want McAfee. Ohhh....that was a challenge to get off of here. I don't want a zillion games. Don't wany 'MyLocker.' If any of you know how to rid that program off of your computer, I'd appreciate the help. It will NOT let me remove it.

Argh. As much as I'm a computer lover...I hate them some times.:mad::mad:

Oh, on a side note, I'm one of those people who can type a million miles an hour without looking at my keyboard. BUT, this keyboard is slightly smaller than the normal size meaning I have tons of typing errors.

Have I vented enough?

Abbey

N

Nomad

Abbey...
I relate...except you are doing much better than moi.

husband is my little assistant with- reference to many things...but I am moving along slowly.

I just started using online and phone calendars and its been a push for me...but fun!

Hang in there Abbey! In due time, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new lap top. :D

Mattsmom277

The keyboard size issue, been there! It has taken me a while but finally I'm used to my laptops keyboard. difficult child has a laptop and anytime I try to type on his, it is a total mess! I hate using his laptop. He hates trying to type on mine.

I am about due for a new laptop myself. I'm dreading it. I too don't care for the bells and whistles that some can't live without. I want to access pictures, email, open the odd file, print out documents, surf the web. That's it.

Now I'm more afraid to buy a new one! What is "mylocker"? And there's no more My Computer??? EGADS!!! I'm really in for it.

N

Nomad

I forgot something....
husband has a teeny tiny computer for work...the cutest
thing in the world...can fit in my purse

However, the keyboard is very hard to use and when I type on it, I type out all sorts of weird things...very frustrating

I'm using a lap top now; and do have some of the same issues, but have gotten better as time goes by...it helps to keep your wrists up and fingers arched...tiring though.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Best I can figure out about MyLocker is that it is some super secret program that holds files that no one on Earth should see. Well, I'm not big on identity theft. haha...I'd love to see someone take mine. Lordy...what a mistake that would be. They'd be begging me to give it back.:tongue:

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I don't like laptops period. Oh, I'm using husband's at the moment.......his isn't horrid.....I just really prefer a computer sitting on a desk. I'm used to computers maxed out in both ram and video with memory out the waazzzooo. husband's laptop isn't bad as far as laptops go, according to Travis, but seems I have to wait on everything........

Frustrating. But his lap top is using XP and my computer is Vista......and OMG do I hate Vista and can't wait to get it OFF my computer.

All that said.......I wear computers out fairly quickly. But then I use it for all sorts of things. So I don't get attached anymore.....well, not much. lol

Hope you get the hang of it soon.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I move around so much I have to have a laptop. My last one was so good. I think this new one is good, I just hate the operating system.

Abbey