I have a lot of damn gall. Apparently.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My gallbladder is, quote "packed with stones" unquote.

Sigh. And my liver is borderline enlarged due to my nemesis, FAT. At least that problem can be reversed through diet and exercise.

So tomorrow I'll be calling the surgeon's office to schedule a consult. I'm kinda hoping we can get this over with before January 1 since my deductibles are all satisfied.

DammitJanet

Oh ouch! I have had issues with that area for years but they were never able to find anything on any of those tests so my gall must not be damned yet...lol. I would hate to think what my liver looks like though considering how much bigger I am than you...eek!

However, you can join me in my Sensa plunge. Im on day 3!

H

HaoZi

Ouch. Will be wishing you get that surgery before deductibles start anew and a quick recovery!

KTMom91

Even after having my gallbladder removed...I haven't stopped eating cheese. I love cheese.

Are you having laproscopic surgery?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, it's not supposed to be as involved as it once was, although I didn't have a moments issue out of mine post op. And I eat anything I want, always have.

I hope you can get it done before the first of the year.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
KTMom, yes it would be a lap procedure -- barring any complications.

Glad to hear it hasn't affected anyone's diet! Hopefully if I can get my butt back into some kind of exercise then I can indulge myself food-wise without continuing to mess up my health. Sigh. Getting older sucks.

Steely

Remember the story I was telling you about my aunt? Gallbladder was the entire problem. She is doing good since her laps surgery. Hugs!!!!

KTMom91

Dr told me after surgery he had to break up the stones so he could continue the procedure without cutting me open. Sure glad I wasn't awake for that one...I have visions of him using a small pickaxe on my gallbladder...ick...

susiestar

Roll With It
Be sure to tell the doctor that you need it done before Jan or you won't be able to afford it. It will help them do the scheduling. Also, as much pain as it has caused, don't let them wait too long. Also don't worry over "ruining" the holidays. Your kids need you healthy more than they need any more stuff - and husband can pitch in on shopping and household stuff or he can hire somoene to do it for you! Being healthy is the best gift you can give your kids for Christmas, in my opinion.

(((((hugs)))))

H

HaoZi

I agree, let husband hire some cleaning and organizing help as a gift to you while you recover.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks everyone!

I have to laugh at my relatives. My mom called her brothers yesterday to tell them about my probable surgery and one of them immediately offered to host Thanksgiving even though I'd already planned on doing that. And when I told her today at lunch that I'd rather he host Christmas since that's when I'll likely be recovering, she went home and called him about it but his wife had already gone out and bought all the groceries for the meal! Ugh. So mom volunteers to host Christmas at HER house. This is not what I wanted to have happen. Last year my uncle hosted Thanksgiving because my dad had just passed away in August, and my mom took on Christmas because I was overwhelmed with difficult child 1's health issues that were leading him toward a surgical procedure. I felt it was my turn this year to give them all a break! Besides, I need an excuse to clean my house or it just never seems to get done!

Anyway, looks like I'm off the hook for both holidays now.

Got my consult appointment scheduled for 11/30 and the nurse said the surgeon is only scheduled out a week or two typically, and she felt is was pretty likely I could get this taken care of before the end of the year, so I'm happy about that.

I'll keep you posted!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad you won't have a problem getting it in this year. Don't worry about the others hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas. They understand and know you would do the same in return. (((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
I SWEAR TO YOU -----

I can write you out that lifestyle that I dooooooooo........did........and lost 160 lbs in a year........

It's not that hard........there was NO exercise..........and all I had to do was get the doctor to do an A1C test and see if I was borderline DIabetic......and yup---------I was.......and give me Metformin, and Anti-depressants which HELP stop my; appetite too.........

I averaged about 3-4 lbs the first weeks the first month and 2 lbs every week there after........

I went to the lap conference - scared me to death - NOT reversible........

YOU CAN BE THIN.........it's not that hard.......you just have to have willpower........and even on lap? You have to have MORE willpower.......FYI......and forever doctor appointments.....

Lemme know.......

And of course I've always known you have a lot of damn galls - Who wouldn't living near YOUR inlaws.....OH wait.....maybe thats starts with a B?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl:

Yeah, I know I can be thin. I just need to find my willpower... Kinda like that Kaiser Permanente ad (an HMO out here... don't know if they're in your area) about misplacing one's motivation. I'm sure I've been looking in all the wrong places for mine. :winks:

I'm not interested in the lap band procedure at all, because I know I have the power to solve this within myself. I've done it before (pre-kids and husband). I can do it again.

And maybe while I'm at it I can get my galls with a "b" bronzed when it's all over! Those would look nice hanging from the rearview mirrow...

Star*

call 911........call 911
They actually HAVE those here - they're for trucks - and yesterday I got beind a Latino dude ----(I kid you not) who had taken aluminum foil and wrapped his truck danglers - I didn't know whether to think he was really cheap by skipping the bronzing so-to-speak or was using his noodle from his lunch tortillia and being really green.