I Have A Lump

Copabanana

I first noticed this almost a year ago, and it has more than doubled in size.
You did the right thing following up with this new doctor. There are benign things it can be. I had a cyst, for example. I had to have surgery to have it removed.

I know a man that had such a lump but closer to his armpit, they biopsied it--it was benign--and they still do not know what it is, but nobody is real worried.

But I know the fear. I have felt it--especially when they told me there was a fifty percent chance I had lung cancer--because there was a nodule on my lung. I was beside myself.

There is no other way through this except through it. This new doctor is being responsible and thorough. It does not mean the other doctors were wrong. They get to know by their experience just which growths are or are not malignant.

When I got to the Pulmonologist he knew the nodule was benign just by looking at the pictures. But he still for 5 years did follow-up. That is what this new doctor is doing. Careful follow-up. It is most probably for his own risk-management.

Copabanana

There is no radiation with Thermagraphy.
Susie. So good that all is OK.

I had not heard of this, Thermagraphy, but will look into it.

What I do know it is very controversial that women over a certain age have mammograms. Because once you are so old there are lots of lots of false positives because of so much fibrous tissue I think. But the MD's are not of like mind what to do. The Cancer Society I think it is recommends mammograms after this age (which I forget right now) every few years. I think that this procedure you talk about Nomad makes a lot of sense. I will look into it.

Take care.

Janette Romano

Nice to hear that your result was benign! Just like to share this nice to know information!

Benign- movable lump, painful, gets bigger

Malignant- non-movable (fixed), painless and takes sometime to grow.

Hope this helps. :)